CHAPTER - 7

ARYAN'S POV:

Three days have passed since I last saw her. I already miss teasing her. Not even a single chance to see her is being given to me these days by God.

However, I will surely be able to see her soon because Divya bhabi's birthday is tomorrow, so we've planned a huge celebration on behalf of her birthday. I know her well enough to know that she will not miss her best friend's birthday party. She'll be joining this party even if the sun sets in the west, the earth stops rotating, or a massive tsunami strikes.

I was idly getting ready in my room to head to the hospital while being lost in my own thoughts but suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

As soon as I opened the door, I noticed Bhaiya and Bhabi standing at the door. The fact that they were here at this hour startled me a little.

"Good morning, bhaiya and bhabi !" I said while offering them a friendly smile and gestured for them to enter. "How come you guys came here all of a sudden?"

"Good morning!" Both of them greeted me back while getting in.

"We actually came here to ask you something." Bhaiya spoke as bhabi grinned and nodded in agreement. "Will you go shopping with us today?" Bhaiya asked, and there was a hint of inquiry in his tone.

"When are you guys going shopping?" I asked in order to know the timing of the shopping.

"In the evening!" Bhaiya responded in a gentle tone with a slight smile.

"Oh sorry! Then I'll not be able to go. I actually have important work. You two enjoy and bye I'm getting late!" Grinning, I said to them both and turned to leave.

As I started moving out of my room, suddenly I heard Ayushi's name being referred to in their conversation.

My inquisitiveness peaked drastically upon hearing her name. I thus paused to listen to their conversation.

Although I am aware that listening to someone else talk is not a good idea, but sometimes kuch pane ke liye kuch khona padta hai!

"Divya, have you asked Ayushi if she will go with us or not?" Bhaiya asked bhabi.

"Yeah, she said that she will be going with us!" Bhabi responded while nodding.

My desire to go shopping increased dramatically when I learned that Ayushi would also be joining them.

Well, I shouldn't pass up this opportunity to meet and spend time with her when it is presented by itself.

Just as I was listening to their conversation, Bhaiya's gaze abruptly turned to me.

"Aryan you said that you're getting late then why are you still here?" Looking a little puzzled, Bhaiya inquired about raising his eyebrows.

"Actually bhaiya I have changed my mind. I'll be going shopping with you guys." I said with a nervous chuckle.

"What about your important work Aryan?" Bhaiya inquired, stressing my words. His usual mockery dripping from his voice.

"Oh don't worry about that! I'll manage it." I replied with a smile. "Bye I'll be joining you guys at the mall then!" I said while bidding them goodbye and headed towards my destination, hospital. I didn't want bhaiya to suspect me.

*******

Right now, I was at the mall where they were meant to be shopping, but they were nowhere to be seen. I guess my excitement caused me to come a little too quickly.

Finally, after nearly thirty minutes of waiting, they arrived.

"Were you guys lost on the street?" I walked up to them and asked them with a sarcastic smile. My voice radiated sarcasm.

"We got so late because of the traffic jam," Bhabi said with a chuckle.

I then turned to look at Ayushi, who gave me a prominent eye roll and seemed pretty surprised to see me.

After that, Bhaiya suddenly grabbed my hand and began taking me somewhere, saying, "Let's go, brother."

"Where, though?" I looked at him being puzzled and asked.

"To the men's section for shopping" Bhaiya said, dragging me in that direction.

"But what about Divya bhabi and Ayushi?" I asked him.

"They will shop in the women's section, while we will shop in the men's section. so that it will take less time. Understand?" He said.

In a matter of seconds, Bhaiya completely ruined my plan. I desired to shop alongside her. But now, I was forced to do shopping with him because I had no other option other than that.

We had finally finished our shopping after two hours. It was undoubtedly true, whoever had stated that women take longer to shop. While it took bhabi and Ayushi two whole hours to shop, it only took me and my brother 40 minutes to do so.

"Will you guys eat ice cream?" Bhaiya asked the three of us, to which bhabi and Ayushi responded by nodding aggressively in agreement.

"I will eat mint ice cream" Ayushi said.

"And I'll eat chocolate ice cream" Bhabi said.

"I'll also eat mint ice cream" As I said so, bhabi and bhaiya stared at me in disbelief.

"Why are you two looking at me like that?" I asked them as a nervous chuckle escaped my mouth.

"Aryan, don't you hate mint ice cream?" Bhaiya asked me and furrowing his eyebrows in disbelief.

"No. When did I say that?" I responded as that nervous chuckle continued to play on my lips.

"Since childhood you hated mint ice cream and suddenly today you wanna eat it? Are you sick? Are you really my brother, Aryan?" Bhaiya said dramatically.

"Bhaiya, everyone's preference changes with time." I responded smartly to create a cool impression in front of Ayushi.

Everyone happily ate their ice cream after that, with the exception of me, who just wanted to throw it away. Even though I absolutely hate mint-flavored ice cream, I ate some because of Ayushi.