Remembering

[Y/N] = Your Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter is a sequel to An Unfortunate Accident.

Now let the story begin.

It's been a couple weeks since [Y/N] was admitted to the hospital, and his girlfriend Pyrrha has barely left his side since then while trying to help him regain his lost memories.

[Y/N] : So, you're actually my girlfriend huh? How did you and I get together?

He asks Pyrrha out of curiosity, greatly enjoying all the things about himself she's been telling him over the last several weeks.

Pyrrha : Well before we started dating, you and I were really close friends [Y/N]. Eventually, I began to see you as more than that, and with the help of my friends, I ended up confessing to you. You can imagine how elated I was when you told me you felt the same way.

[Y/N] : Wow, that sounds quite romantic. We must've been a great couple.

Pyrrha : Yeah....we are.

Or we were, I suppose...

She looks down sadly, which [Y/N] notices and feels his heart starting to break.

It hurts to see her like that. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for her.

[Y/N] : Pyrrha, I-I'm sorry.

Pyrrha : Don't be, this isn't your fault [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Even so, I wish I could remember everything you've told me. I want all those memories to come rushing back, but so far nothing sounds more than just vaguely familiar to me. I desperately want things to be normal. Even though I can't remember us as a couple, I would do anything to be the same [Y/N] you fell in love with, because without my memories, I feel like a completely different person.

Tears begin falling from his eyes as he gets super emotional, causing Pyrrha's girlfriend instinct to kick in as she immediately pulls her amnesiac boyfriend into a comforting embrace.

Pyrrha : Shhh. Please don't cry [Y/N], I understand how you feel. I love you with all my heart, and even if you never get your memories back, my feelings for you will not change. Worst case scenario, you and I will just create new memories together.

She gently uses her thumb to wipe his tears away before kissing him softly on the lips.

[Y/N] : I love you Pyrr, and I don't need my memories for me to realize that.

His red haired girlfriend pulls away and smiles warmly at him.

Pyrrha : I love you too [Y/N].

The two share another hug before Pyrrha's eyes widen in realization.

Wait, what did he just call me?!

She looks at [Y/N] in surprise as a feeling of hope begins to fill her heart.

Pyrrha : C-can you repeat what you just said [Y/N]?

[Y/N] : What? You mean me calling you Pyrr?

Pyrrha : Yes! Up until now you've only called me by my name.

Pyrr is [Y/N]'s nickname for me, so if he called me that suddenly, some of his memories must be resurfacing!

[Y/N] : Huh. I don't know why I called you Pyrr, it just....came to....me.......

He trails off as Pyrrha looks at him worriedly.

Pyrrha : [Y/N]? Are you alright?

[Y/N] : I....don't know. My head feels....strange.

Oh no. What could possibly be happening now?

Pyrrha questions to herself as her boyfriend begins clenching his head, but it doesn't seem to be out of pain.

[Y/N] : What's....going on?

A series of scenes and voices begin to repeat themselves rapidly inside his mind, causing him to become overwhelmed and let out a confused cry.

[Y/N] : Gahhhhh!!!

Pyrrha : I-I'll go get the doctor!

She panics and runs out of her boyfriend's hospital room to get him help.

Meanwhile, [Y/N] is breathing heavily as he slowly lowers his hand as he looks around.

I.....I remember everything now! My life, my friends, my team, and Pyrrha! It all finally came rushing back to me!

He jumps out of his hospital bed with a wide smile on his face as Pyrrha comes back with the doctor, both shocked to see him up and about.

Pyrrha : [Y/N], what are you doing?!

[Y/N] : They're back Pyrr! My memories are back!

He says while taking hold of her hands excitedly as she feels her heart swelling with joy.

Pyrrha : R-really [Y/N]?!

[Y/N] : Yes! I can answer any question you have for me! Go on, ask!

Pyrrha : Ok. Where was our first date?

[Y/N] : The fancy restaurant in Vale where that jerk of a waiter tried hitting on you before I punched him.

Pyrrha : That's right! When was our first kiss?

[Y/N] : At the Beacon dance while a really romantic slow song was playing.

Pyrrha : Alright, last question. What is the square root of 1,209?

[Y/N] : Really?! A math question?! Pyrr, you know I suck at that stuff.

Pyrrha : I do! Your memory really is back! Oh [Y/N]!

She throws her arms around him as she cries happily tears while [Y/N] rubs circles on her back to calm her down.

He even remembers exactly how to comfort me when I'm upset! Oum how I missed this so much!

Doctor : Well now, since your amnesia seems to be gone, I'll contact Beacon's Headmaster and your team to inform them of this [Y/N].

To give the young couple some privacy, he leaves the room as Pyrrha nuzzles her head into her boyfriend's neck.

Pyrrha : I love you so much [Y/N]. I'm so happy your memory is restored!

[Y/N] : Same here. I love you too Pyrr.

They share a very passionate kiss and embrace each other lovingly, both hoping that something like this never happens again.