Champions Clash

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Semblance : Can turn entire body into a rubber-like material.

Now let the story begin.

The crowd roars with excitement as the finals of Mistral's annual fighting competition begins, the competitors being Pyrrha Nikos and her childhood friend/rival [Y/N] [L/N].

Jeez, I can't believe it's already time for me to fight Pyrrha. Winning this isn't gonna be easy, but no matter who wins this, our battle will be a great one.

[Y/N] thinks to himself as he walks into the arena to face her.

Pyrrha : Best of luck to you [Y/N]!

She offers a friendly handshake which he accepts.

[Y/N] : You too Pyrrha. Now let's make this fight one for the ages!

Pyrrha : Right!

Getting into their fighting stances, the announcer then begins the match.

Pyrrha immediately uses her semblance to launch her shield Akoúo̱ at [Y/N], which he ducks under to avoid.

[Y/N] : Missed me!

Pyrrha : Did I?

She smirks as Akoúo̱ comes circling back to [Y/N], which would've hit him in the head if he didn't quickly activate his semblance and use his rubbery arms to catch it.

[Y/N] : Yeah...you did.

I've been smacked by Akoúo̱ so many times in the past that I learned how to counter this move.

Pyrrha : Impressive. Let's see if you can catch this!

The red haired champion launches Miló at her opponent, which he intercepts with his stomach in a cartoony fashion.

[Y/N] : Miló is quite a nice weapon Pyrrha, but I think I'll give it back to you!

He sends the javelin back at her using the elasticity of his stomach, which she uses her semblance to stop in mid air.

[Y/N]'s semblance basically renders both Miló and Akoúo̱ ineffective against him, so I have to rely on my combat skills.

Pyrrha charges at him and delivers a series of punches and kicks, which [Y/N] does a good job of parrying.

When it comes to fighting, Pyrrha and I are equally matched, so this battle will be decided by whoever tires out first.

Using his stretchy arms, [Y/N] takes hold of Pyrrha and throws her, though she quickly gets back up.

[Y/N] : I'm having a lot of fun Pyrrha, how about you?

Pyrrha : I am too. You're definitely the only person who can push me to my limits, but I'm not planning on losing [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Me neither, now show me what you're got Pyrrha!

She nods and picks up her weapons before rushing at him once more.

Timeskip

After a long and thrilling match, Pyrrha emerges the victor with her aura just barely in the red.

The crowd chants Pyrrha's name as she walks over to [Y/N], who is on his knees and panting heavily after their intense fight.

Pyrrha : Are you ok [Y/N]?

She asks him out of worry, to which she gets a thumbs up from her defeated opponent.

[Y/N] : Y-yeah, I just....need a moment to catch my breath. You were awesome today Pyrrha.

Pyrrha blushes slightly from his praise before offering him a hand, which he gladly accepts.

Getting up, [Y/N] wipes the sweat of his forehead and looks at his friend with a smile.

[Y/N] : Thanks. After our match today, I think I'm gonna be sore for a while.

He says jokingly as Pyrrha giggles.

[Y/N] : You're probably about to be swarmed by journalists and fans any minute now, so I'll leave you to that as I go freshen up in the locker room. See ya later champ.

He goes to walk away before she stops him.

Pyrrha : W-wait [Y/N]!

[Y/N] : Hmm? Did you need something Pyrrha?

She looks at him nervously while remembering what her mother told her earlier.

Flashback

Mrs. Nikos : Pyrrha, if you have feelings for [Y/N], why don't you confess to him after the tournament? He's a very handsome young man so you better tell him how you feel before another girl gets him first.

Flashback End

Mom's right. I've been in love with [Y/N] since we started going to Sanctum together. I just hope he returns my feelings.

She takes in deep breath and begins fidgeting with her fingers before speaking.

Pyrrha : Before I tell you this, promise me that we'll keep being friends.

[Y/N] : Of course Pyrrha. You're really starting to worry me here. What's going on?

Pyrrha : S-sorry [Y/N], I swear to you nothing is wrong. I just wanted you to know that I....like you a lot.

[Y/N] : I like you a lot too Pyrrha.

He smiles as she shakes her head as her blush deepens.

Pyrrha : N-no [Y/N], I mean I like you as more than just my friend.

Realization sets in as [Y/N] begins blushing as well.

[Y/N] : O-oh.

Pyrrha : Y-yeah. Now that I told you this....do you.....maybe....like me that way too?

She asks with hope in her eyes as she waits for [Y/N]'s response.

Please say you do.

[Y/N] : Pyrrha....I love you.

Hearing him say that causes Pyrrha to smile wider than she ever has before.

Pyrrha : I love you too [Y/N]!

She hugs him tightly before pulling him into a kiss, which unfortunately catches the eyes of several onlookers.

Fan #1 : Look there! Nikos and [L/N] are kissing!

Fan #2 : Are they a couple?!

[Y/N] : Good grief. Well, I'm not gonna let them ruin our moment. I love you Pyrrha.

Pyrrha : I love you too [Y/N].

The two champions share another brief kiss before having to deal with the incoming flood of questions about their match and newfound relationship.