Protect Him

Jungkook's pov:

As I dropped Lee know off, eunwoo went back to his place. I came back to my apartment. I looked at the kitchen and sighed. The food remained untouched.
I never thought the younger to be this much vulnerable. I felt sad. He reminded me of myself.
I wanted to protect him. I wanted to keep him with me, all the time, so that nothing would touch him.
Maybe I had already fallen for him or maybe it was just an urge to save his beautiful soul.
Whatever it was... I knew I am not gonna leave him alone.

Eunwoo's pov:

All this time, whenever I thought of Lee know, I would see him smiling, being mischievous, being weird, being cute, being pretty, being this awesome human being.
But today I felt guilty. He was suffering. And all I saw was how pretty he looked while smiling. I never saw how he was bottling up his sadness, his dark thoughts. As I saw him crumbling today, I felt guilty.
And it made me angry when he just insisted on going home instead of opening up to me. I wanted him to just hug me and sleep with me. I wanted to be the shield that he needed. But now he is at his place where that Chan is also present.
Today, when, Lee Know fell asleep, I was worried, because he was shivering and mumbling stuff that I couldn't figure out. Jungkook looked worried too.
I told him about the insomnia thing. And he told me about the Chan thing.
I have been close with Lee know for months. But he never mentioned anything about Chan. I was angry and disappointed that Lee know told Jungkook about it, not me. But I guess the timing was not right.
Now I was in my room. I can't sleep. I feel like going to his dorm, grabbing his hand and bringing him home with me.

That's what I did.

It was almost 1 am. I had saved Chan's number this evening when I called him to pick Lee Know up from downstairs. I called that number.
"Hello... Sunbaenim!" He answered.
"How is Lee Know?"
"He has been sleeping since he came back. The fever hasn't gone down too.... But we are trying. I will call a doctor maybe..."
"Which floor?"
"What?"
"Which floor is the dorm on?"
"8th floor."
"Okay."

I got out of the bed and took an overcoat and my keys. I drove to the dorm, went to the 8th floor and rang the bell.
A skinny guy opened the door who was taller than Lee know, maybe his name was hyunjin. He looked shocked.
"Lee know." I said.
He let me in.
"Where is Lee Know?" I asked as soon as I got inside.
He pointed to a door. That's when Chan came in. He looked shocked as well. Though he smiled at me, I knew he was not happy to see me.
I walked towards the door but Chan kind of came in front of me.
I raised my eyebrows.
"What?" I asked.
"He is sleeping." Chan replied in a firm voice.
"Has he eaten anything since he came back? Has he taken any medicine? Has his fever gone down?"
Chan remained silent.
"Well you failed. Now move aside."
And Chan moved aside. I went into the room. And there he was.
He was sleeping so peacefully that none would believe that this guy has high fever. He looked so beautiful. I went closer and touched his cheeks, they were warm. Maybe my cold hand gave him a little relief, he smiled. I, then, started to stroke his hair. I felt a gaze in me. Chan had come inside the room.
Lee know opened his eyes slowly. He smiled as he saw me.
"Hyung... You look so pretty!" He said.
I chuckled, pinching his cheek.
"Am I dreaming?" He said.
"Maybe." I smiled at him.
He again closed his eyes.
"Minho-yah...wanna come with me? Hmmm?"
He opened his eyes again. He then brought his hand out of the blanket and placed it on my face, smiling at me.
"Hmmm." He said.
That's it. That's all I needed to hear. I picked him up slowly. His head rested on my shoulder and hand over my neck. Chan looked like he was losing it by then.
"Move." I said as he was in front of the door.
"You-you can't."
"He said I can."
"He is not in his right mind now."
"Just move!"
I said a little bit too loud. I could see other members were also gathering. Lee know whined a little bit. His temperature seemed like rising.
I kind pushed Chan and started to walk towards the door. Chan was going to stop me but I felt one of his members had stopped him from doing that.

I took Minho home. I wiped his whole body with a cold water to bring the temperature down a little. I made some porridge. He wouldn't wake up. So it was hard to feed him. But at one point, when the temperature was little down, he became more conscious, so I was able to feed him. I wiped his body once again. I could say this time he was feeling shy but said nothing. I gave him his medicine. He laid down once again.

I was going to leave him when he grabbed my hand. So I laid down beside him. His body was warm. He came closer and hugged me like he was trying to save himself from something. I hugged him back and kept caressing him until he fell asleep.

"I love you... will love you forever...I will protect you!" I mumbled. He didn't hear though.