Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The next step?

Scene: Emily's Kitchen.

Emily had nothing to do all day she was bored, and she no longer needed to work, Linda took care of the bills on her own accord, and since Linda owned several multi-billion dollar companies scattered around the world when it came to power and connection she had that in excess thanks to her ability so money was nothing to her but a piece of paper.

She didn't think about it and kept funding Emily's account constantly adding multiple zeros to Emily's account.

Emily didn't even know how much she had at this point, But she was definitely filthy rich.

This made Emily extremely lazy and now If she weren't playing with her powers and getting used to her strength she'd be cleaning the house if she wasn't cleaning, She'd be sleeping or waiting for Alistair to get back while fighting some of her personal urges.

Emily was in a bit of a daze while Vacuuming the carpets, She started at the wall lost in thought while the mechanical sound of the vacuum echoed around the whole house.

"Emily"

Linda managed to get her attention by unplugging the vacuum since calling her name alone didn't work in grabbing her attention.

"Huh?"

Emily regained her consciousness and stared around dumbly, She forgot what she was doing.

"I'm sure all the dust in the carpets was removed the third time you cleaned the entire house...  Or was it the fifth?"

Linda hissed playfully, Before guiding Emily to the couch "Do you want to talk about how Alistair replaced your husband in your heart? Or is it just me?"

Linda smiled a little, she knew how Emily was feeling right now because she felt the same way, She didn't even need to read her mind, Not that she could anymore after Alistair locked all of their heads from external influences that included mind control or reading, Linda didn't mind, but even if she could, She wouldn't.

They were a family now, Linda finally had a family.

"Mhm"

_________
Flash scene

"That's where your Husband broke my ankles and planned to slowly kill me, Over there was the bench where I met Alistair, That day everyone's attention was on him but now..."

Emily showed Linda around the Park, the women decided to take a short walk and leave the house, Linda was excited since she had regained her freedom and could leave the house without worrying that Alistair was watching her...  Then again He still might be.

They originally just wanted to walk around and share their feelings but they reached here.

Just like the other times Emily came here the attention was on her and Linda but the reason wasn't to spite or gossip about her, She was so attractive that no one and different that no one could even compare Emily now to herself last year.

Emily wore a long-sleeved black silk gown that reached her ankle with golden flame-like embroidery around the wrists, Her hair fell towards her back she didn't bother to pack it, Her golden eyes unhurriedly went around the park meeting everyone's eyes that had their eyes on her.

Plus the beautiful redhead beside her.

At first, people thought Linda was Emily but they realized they couldn't be far wrong when she got close and they could see her features, Linda wore similar clothes to Emily, Her red eyes and red hair were like a beacon to everyone who stared at her couldn't stop themselves from staring twice.