18

Arabella's PoV:

I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. I knew it was all going to be okay—after all I was going to be with Vanessa, publicly. But I think that's what frightened me the most, what if someone sees us, what if they tell, I still had a couple of months left before graduation and the last thing I wanted to happen was for—stop, nothing is going to happen.

I had been doing my makeup for what seemed like hours however, I only had some mascara, concealer to cover my light blemishes and some blush, I just wanted everything to be perfect.

I've spent the whole of this morning trying to persuade Vanessa to drive myself, but she insisted I get picked up by a driver. All of a sudden pressure started to build up in my chest.

What if I wasn't dressed properly to match the resturant attire, what if I wasn't prepared enough for the date itself and we sat in awkward silence—I knew we wouldn't. Me and Vanessa always have something to talk about. Always have hour long conversations in her class after school had ended.

But most of all I was worried about my performance. I haven't slept with another girl and although i was now experienced, I still hadn't done anything to another girl—or person for that matter.

She was needy, desperate and all I wanted to do was satisfy her, give her what she needs—what if I wasn't enough? She might realise, and go back to her husband. No—it's going to be fine, i repeated hoping that was the truth.

About an hour later the car had arrived at exactly 7:00, just as she said. As I got in, my heart started racing again and the driver could tell.

He was a small man, around 40-50 years old and he had the sweetest smile which instantly calmed my nerves.

Before saying anything, he handed me a box. A small black box with a red ribbon enclosing its secrets. With a puzzled look on my face, the driver turned around starting the car.

There was a note...

Hello darling,
I can imagine you're a little nervous, but I assure you, there is nothing to be nervous about, you're perfect in every way.
Don't resist this gesture, you deserve everything.
Love,
Vanessa

I couldn't help the smile creep up on my face as I read the note, rereading it to see if I missed anything. I am certain I could smell her perfume in the box and it drove me crazy.

Without even opening the box, my mind was flooded. 'Darling' 'love' I'm sure she didn't meant love—it was just a sign off, right?

As I opened the box, my mouth dropped as a diamond necklace was now perched in my lap. Not wanting to damage it, I picked it up as if I was holding a baby and examined its shine and contrast to the light.

Wrapping it around my neck I thought about messaging her, declining her offer—but then remembering her words. 'Don't resist this gesture'.

I would soon argue about it later, but for now I wanted to enjoy the necklace which perfectly matched with my black dress.

We soon arrived to what looked like a hotel. I thought we were going to a restaurant.

The car door opened, snapping me from my thoughts and a hand reached towards me, gesturing as a help. Without hesitating I took the man's hand, trying not to flash anyone as I slipped out of the car.