4

Arabella's PoV:

As I walked into detention late due to the teacher not letting us leave, I hear Mrs fox on the phone. I stand outside trying not to interrupt, however eavesdropping whilst doing so.

I couldn't tell who she was talking to but the conversation soon turned loud.

"Well that's not going to happen you were the one that cheated on me and you're going to have to face the consequences" i heard her say as she raises her voice.

So the rumours are true. I'm guessing that's her husband or ex husband by the sound of it.

A sudden wave of guilt goes over me. There I was raising my voice, talking back to her, only thinking about my own problems and being totally ignorant to the fact people might have their own things going on to.

It wasn't long before the conversation ended and I heard her throw something. I quietly make myself visible and look at her.

She has her head down and she looks incredibly angry. Maybe this is why she doesn't like sharing, doesn't like showing her feeling so resorts to anger and being cold.

She looks at me and my stomach drops.

"How long were you standing there? How much did you hear?" She says, her voice shaken but she still manages to intimidate me.

"I only just walked in, sorry I'm late my maths teacher wouldn't let us leave," I said before pausing.

"I heard something fall is everything okay?" Trying to play it off and act like I didn't just eavesdrop on the who'll conversation.

I didn't want to come of nosy but I was genuinely concerned if she was okay.

She retrieved her phone, which I prosume is what she threw and checked the screen before finally saying something.

"Well I can't think of a reason you should be staring then. Get out your homework and do it silently as I have lots of work to do" she says sternly.

I don't say anything else and just sit and do my work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been sitting here for thirty minutes and I have finished all of my homework. I told her and she just tossed me a book not saying anything to me, not even looking at me. There is definitely something wrong, I know she is cold but this is just rude, after all I wasn't the one that cheated on her.

I hear a phone vibrate and I look up seeing her pick up her phone.

She then proceeds to furiously type, this goes on for about a minute before she throws her phone against the table—again. Poor phone. I decide to say something as I see her get angry.

"Miss are you sure you're okay because I didn't want to admit it before but I heard most of your conversation before when you were in the phone" I admit before regret fills my whole body. Why did I say that? She looks up at me and her eyebrows furrow.

"I wasn't eavesdropping of course but I didn't want to interrupt as it sounded important and then it got heated and I didn't know what to do" my hands start sweating and I can feel my heart in my throat.