6

Tw- mentions of abuse

Vanessa's PoV:

I start rearranging the books in the shelf making room for the new ones.

I hear a crash as I turned around. It was rose she had dropped my favourite mug. Damn child. I walk over to help her and she starts panicking. I laugh a little to myself. Am I really that intimidating.

She just stands there for a second and begins to cry. Okay something is seriously wrong. Surely I couldn't make her cry.

"Are you okay rose?" I ask her and she just ignores me.

She gets into her knees picking up the pieces of glass whilst murmuring something.

"Listen don't touch that it's broken glass you could get hurt, it's just a mug don't worry" I say as she drops the glass crying in pain.

I think she cut herself I walk toward my draw where there's a first aid kit and grab it walking towards her.

"I'm sorry please don't hurt me, I'll clean it up right away" she says whilst crying. Does she really think I would hurt her?

I walk towards her and she sits against my desk with her head buried in her knees. She rocks back and forth as I see that her knee is also cut. She must of knelt on the glass.

"Please don't hurt me mom I'm sorry it was an accident" mom? Is she having a panic attack? A flashback?

My heart begins to sink as I try and get her out of it. What is happening. What do I do? What did her mom do?

"Darling I'm not going to hurt you it's me Mrs fox" I say hoping she will start to relax once she realises she's safe.

She looks up slowly and a look of relief flushes over her and myself. She starts crying and I practically run to her side.

She looks at her hands crying more getting blood all over her clothes and skin.

I walk over to her lifting by her arms trying not to get blood on myself, but right now that's not my biggest concern. I sit her on a table and open the first aid kit.

I look up at her and she's already looking at me. A knot in my stomach starts to form. Why didn't I just help her? Why did I have to hold a grudge when there was clearly something wrong? Why do I care so much?

I start to wipe her wounds with antiseptic wipes and she gasps causing her to cry less. I guess the pain takes the attention away from the crying.

After I bandage both her knees and her hands I put the wipes in the bin and make my back over to her.

"I have a spear jumper in my bag if you need it, it's not covered in blood I promise" I say smirking, hoping to get a little laugh her. I don't but I get a smile.

She nods slightly and starts messing with the bandage as tears proceed to fall down her cheek.

I go towards my desk and take the spare jumper out of my bag. It was a plain black one which I bring with me everywhere incase I get cold. The colour goes with everything.