11

Tw: mentions of abuse

Vanessa's PoV:

It's been ten minutes since detention started and rose hasn't shown up. Although I'm sure there's a reasonable excuse I can't help but think, has it got something to do with me?

Was she uncomfortable in the toilet? After all I was the one that instigated it and I didn't think to ask her if she was comfortable while the act was taking place.

I hear my phone vibrate and pick it up hoping it's her.

Rose:
Hey something came up won't be able to make detention today.

Me:
It's fine, are you okay though I'm worried about you?

Rose:
Don't worry I'll be fine, just a few things I need to take care of.

As I read the message off rose I couldn't help but worry. I sat there for the next ten minutes, running through all the possible explanations of her rain check.

Was she sick? Was something wrong? But the question that kept coming up was it my fault?

Originally this was just supposed to be sex, it wasn't supposed to be anything at all, but I've come to care and worry about her which scares me the last person I worried about broke my heart, I don't think I could survive the heartache again.

Although hid my pain well, I was dying inside. That kind of pain I recognised very well. Emily.

I think she's part of the reason I don't want rose to touch me yet. I promised myself after Emily I wouldn't let anyone girl touch me in that way, too scared of getting hurt again.

But I know if rose tried I would definitely give in. I have never begged for anyone, never screamed someone's name, never had that kind of pleasure. But I needed her touch, I am just too afraid.

Arabella's PoV:

As we arrived at the hospital my heart was in my throat. I wasn't ready for all of this. I wasn't ready to see my mom, wasn't ready for her to die.

I had messaged Mrs fox—Vanessa to let her know I wouldn't be coming to detention. I should've told her it had nothing to do with her as I presume she thinks it is. But if I'm honest that was the last thing on my mind.

When we walked closer to her room I could see Erin's mom (Rachel) sitting next to a man that I've never seen before. I'm guessing it's my mom's new boyfriend.

I run up to rachel as she is the only person I want to talk to in this moment. She stands up and I wrap my hands around her neck and start crying.

I couldn't hold in my emotions anymore, I've been doing it for years, especially the last month I've been at Erin's, and it's all become too much.

"Can I see her?" I ask, not knowing which answer I want to hear.

"The doctors said she is under a lot of medication and isn't awake" she tells me as the tears fall from my face.

"You can go in if you want but I completely understand if you need some time" she says with a warm smile on her face.

"No it's okay I want to see her" I say hesitantly.