Chaos

"Shit."

"Fuck."

We both cursed under our breath, surprised by each other's remarks. I looked at him, and he did the same.

"Who are they?"

"Why are you cursing?"

We both asked simultaneously, the tension escalating between us. Without us noticing, one of them had already approached.

"You little scumbag," the man said excitedly, hugging Taehyung. "You lied about being in the USA," he continued, releasing him. The guy smiled, his eyes mirroring the warmth of his smile.

"Man, I thought I would surprise you all after a few months," Taehyung explained.

"You've been here for three years now and yet you didn't meet your friends?" I revealed, causing the guy to turn to me.

He greeted me politely before addressing Taehyung. "You wanted to get rid of us, huh?"

"No! Not at all!" Taehyung quickly interjected, glaring at me.

The guy lightly tapped Taehyung's head. "Stop with that glare. You have so much to explain," he said, turning to me. "Would you like to join us?"

I shook my head, not wanting to face Mr. Jeon. "Hey, leave us out. Jungkook probably still holds grudges against me. I'll catch up later," Taehyung dismissed the offer.

This information is throwing me off. How does he know everyone here, including my professor? He never talked about them, I thought to myself, feeling puzzled.

"It's alright. It needs to get sorted out after all, right? Let it be today," Jimin said, insisting that we join them.

"You see, I'm here with someone for work," Taehyung explained, gesturing towards me as I smiled while their gaze turned to me.

"She's your...?"

"Y/n, my online friend I talked with while being in the USA," He introduced me briefly.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Hi, it's Jimin here. Park Jimin," he introduced himself, smiling. "But I feel like I might have seen your name somewhere. Y/n..." He trailed off, trying to recall where he had seen my name.

"Of course, while checking my papers," a familiar voice chimed in, joining the conversation. I pursed my lips, not yet ready to face him. He stood beside me and Jimin, looking down at me. "What a coincidence," he said, as I averted his gaze.

"Oh right! Y/n... Wait, is she your student?" Jimin asked, casting glances between us.

"Is she?" I could feel his taunting gaze on me from the side, causing my heart to race.

The group approached us, and soon the crowd grew larger as everyone engaged in conversation with Taehyung, while I awkwardly stood beside my professor. It made the mood shifted slowly, blending in with the excitement of theirs to finally meet their friend of God knows how long.

Soon, I was introduced to the rest of the group, and their smiles and kind gestures made me feel more at ease. However, the occasional gaze that kept finding me from my side left me feeling unsettled.

The nerve-wracking encounter made me overlook how stunning he looked tonight. I finally took a proper look at him when they were introducing him.

"He's Jeon Jungkook, a professor at Seoul University. He's also an entrepreneur. The business is about a year old, so some people know about it, but it's doing incredibly well, so who knows? It might flourish even more in the future," Jimin said, unintentionally prolonging the introduction.