Jimin

The car ride was filled with unspoken emotions. Whatever Mr. Jeon was saying at the moment didn't register with me. It wasn't until we were half an hour away from the event that it all began to sink in. I stared out the window, lost in thought as we sat in traffic.

My heart was filled with questions, the foremost being: why did he want to tease me like that? Was it because of what happened between him and Taehyung? I never knew the professor had this side to him.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung's apologetic tone broke through the silence, cutting through my thoughts.

"You did nothing wrong. The professor was the one who was picking up on me," I reassured him.

"It was all because he thought we had something going on, and he hated the idea of me being okay with someone else while he's still suffering over the one I took away," Taehyung explained.

"But don't you admit that it was wrong for you to take away his love?" I questioned.

"They weren't meant to be, there was so much happening . So much went down during those times, and I thought it was time to be the bad guy to save my friend and did what seemed right; separating them." he justified his actions.

I recalled the woman he had talked about, the one he had wanted to leave desperately. "Is she the one who left you because, you know, you cheated on her?"

"Not the cheating one but yeah, someone else," Taehyung confirmed.

"Wow... still, you could have looked for other ways," I suggested, even though it was too late for such advice.

"It's alright. Jimin and everyone there knows what happened. Even he does, but something in him doesn't want to admit it. I hope he understands some day soon," Taehyung expressed his frustrations.

"It's okay, I'm sure he will understand now that you've reunited," I reassured him, but he shook his head.

"I'm not meeting them again. I don't want to make it harder for Jungkook anymore," he stated firmly.

I couldn't insist since I wasn't there to witness the moment. I really wanted to know the in-depth story of what had happened. I sat back in my seat, watching the landscape change without any interruption.

Taehyung seemed troubled. He usually talks non-stop whenever we were together, anywhere outside of work, but tonight felt different, with a heavy atmosphere. I didn't understand the vibe and went with the flow, just trying to make him feel better.

As we stepped out of the car, I walked towards him and looked up at him. His eyes were trying to convey so much. I took his hand, gently caressing them to comfort him. "Everything is going to be okay. I know it's hard facing—" Before I could finish my sentence, he pulled me into a hug. "... him," I completed my sentence, trying to figure out what was happening. We had never hugged like this before; this was a first.

I hugged him back tightly, understanding how much he disliked physical affection. Seeing him resort to something he despised, I knew he was going through a lot.

"I know, Taehyung. It's hard to remember the past when the one you did everything for doesn't want to acknowledge anything," I tried to comfort him, my voice soft and reassuring.

"I'm scared," he admitted, his words punctuated by sniffles. "I'm scared of the past," he trailed off, leaving me even more curious to know what really went down.

Few Days Later

It had been days since I last saw Mr. Jeon. He hasn't been coming to the university and had taken sick leave. I couldn't help but wonder what could have happened to him, growing increasingly worried as he missed his classes—a rarity for someone as punctual and professional as him.