Let's go back

A month had now passed since Sohee and Jeongyeon got together and Nayeon still hadn't digested the news well. She and Minhyuk had broken up but were on good terms. Everything seemed as it used to, but something in Nayeon had changed.

-Do you have to go home already?- Sohee asked.

-Today Minhyuk is with his parents, Nayeon is alone.

-Oh... Sure. You can't leave Nayeon alone. But I'm all alone in my house too.

-I know but...

-Don't worry, it's fine.

Jeongyeon called herself an idiot the entire ride home. How had it occurred to her to refuse? She immediately went to bed and went to sleep. The next day she was awakened by a kiss on the cheek. She turned and saw Nayeon sitting on the bed.

-I didn't hear you come back yesterday. It's late, we have to be at Minhyuk's uncle's wedding in two hours.

-Oh... Then we have to go wash ourselves.

Nayeon was strangely cheerful. Maybe because that day no Sohee would take Jeongyeon away from her. She went to the bathroom and began to undress.

-Jeong! You're not coming!?

-Sohee... She would rather you and I didn't shower together.

-Oh...- Sohee was always ready to ruin everything even when she wasn't there. -Just one last time? To remember the old times.

Jeongyeon sighed. -All right. I honestly don't see anything strange about it.

The black-haired girl took off her clothes under Nayeon's shy smile. The brunette stepped into the shower and let the hot water gently caress her. Jeongyeon followed her and closed the door.

-Can you help me soap my back?- asked her friend. -It's the last time...

Jeongyeon wanted to refuse but she didn't have a valid reason to say no. It was just a harmless favor. She began to spread the soap on the back of her friend, who closed her eyes and finally felt that sensation that she had liked so much at the spa hotel. She turned around and brought her friend's hands to her breasts, instead placing her hands on Jeongyeon's shoulders and pushing her against the wall.

-Nay... What are you doing?- Jeongyeon asked suddenly feeling warmth.

The brunette ignored the question, ignored Sohee's existence, and began to slowly rub herself against the taller one, making their intimacies touch.

-Jeongyeon...- she moaned.

Minhyuk was right. He was very right. And Jeongyeon just wanted to scream from her happiness, to tell her how much she loved her, but she couldn't. She was in a relationship, she cared about Sohee, she didn't want to cheat on her, she didn't want to hurt her.

-Nayeon ...- the girl said with tears in her eyes from excitement, but perhaps not only from it. -I'm in love with you. I love you.- A tear ran down her face.

Nayeon stopped and smiled. -I love you too, Jeong!- she exclaimed very happily because she was now convinced of her feelings. -And I'm so jealous of Sohee.

-No, you don't understand... I've loved you since I was sixteen, I waited for you, but I decided to bury my feelings because I care about our friendship, the one between me, you and Minhyuk. But then you got together with you and I couldn't do it anymore.

-That's why you were so strange... But Jeong,- She caressed her cheek. -Now it's all over, because I love you too. And I'm sorry if I made you suffer because when you loved me I loved Minhyuk.

-Nay... What I want to tell you is that I don't want to be with you.

-But... Why?- asked the girl, feeling a shiver run down her spine.

-Because you, me and Minhyuk are best friends. You and him were about to ruin everything and I don't want that to happen again.

-I promise-

-Believe me, I would like to kiss you, hug you, say that you are mine, but I can't. Now I have Sohee, she makes me happy. Let me live my life with her and make me forget about you. And you do the same. Forget about me. Remember when we played unaware of what would happen twenty years later. Remember your best friends, Nay.

The girl started to sob and Jeongyeon wanted to hug her but she left the shower, it was better to end it there. She told Minhyuk that she wouldn't go to his uncle's wedding and she took her car, driving away from her, while Nayeon watched her from her balcony, crying, hating herself for making her best friends suffer, for making them fight.

The black-haired girl arrived at Sohee's house and knocked. The girl was surprised because she knew that Jeongyeon had a wedding. She welcomed her and the two talked as always, exchanging a few kisses. The black-haired girl hugged Sohee tightly, telling her she loved her. That afternoon they made love, while in a house not far away Nayeon continued to cry, regret, blame herself. Jeongyeon didn't come home that night and the bed suddenly became the size of a building. Jeongyeon didn't come back the next day and the day after that either. Nayeon tried to contact her and Minhyuk worriedly asked her what had happened. The girl confessed everything to him and apologized for having only caused problems. The black-haired one hugged her and consoled her; he had understood where Jeongyeon was, but he didn't feel like telling Nayeon. Finally one evening Jeongyeon returned.

-Jeong...- Nayeon said seeing her on the threshold of their bedroom door.

-I'm moving in with Sohee.

-I am sorry.

-It's not your fault.

-Have you been to Sohee so far?- the girl asked with a broken heart.

-Yes.

-Leave her.

-She stood by me even though she knew how I felt about you and we made love even though I had just confessed to her what had happened between us. For Sohee, it's worth it.

-Ah... You went to bed together...- The tears she had held back fell one by one. -I want to go back to when we were fifteen! When I was your sister to protect, when Minhyuk looked at girls, when I scolded you because you made fun of me!

-I too would give everything not to fall in love with you.

-Because... Because was it a mistake?- Nayeon was a mixture of tears and sobs.

-When you and Minhyuk got together, I wanted to come and confess my feelings to you. Who knows... Maybe something would have changed. Maybe we would have gotten together that day. Or maybe not.

-I love you, Jeong.

-Me too, Nay. You were, are and will always be my number one.

-But not number one in your heart.- Nayeon said as she watched Jeongyeon walk away from her with the suitcases that Minhyuk had packed for her.

the end

the end of part 1