Want to give it a try

At dinner Sohee talked with her friends, not paying too much attention to Nayeon, who did everything to get Jeongyeon's attention.

-I'm going to the restroom for a moment.- Jeongyeon said.

-I'm coming with you.- Sohee and Nayeon said in unison.

-Why do you want to go to the bathroom with her?

-To be able to talk to her, since you've done nothing but keep her to yourself all evening.

-Nay, let her go.- Minhyuk whispered to her and the girl was forced to accept.

Sohee followed Jeongyeon into the bathroom and the black-haired girl immediately smiled at her.

-I'm sorry, Nayeon has never been like this.

-What if she likes you?- Sohee asked, leaning against the sink.

-Oh... Surely not.

-Because when I said before that you think she is like your sister I saw her as a little sad.

-It's about her and Minhyuk. You just reminded her that they used to call themselves "siblings" and then she hooked up with him. They're not having a good time.

-Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know.

-Maybe that's why she acts like this.

-It could be... I'll go back to the table, I'll leave you to your things.

-Yes. Maybe we can talk when we're alone. Do you have business on Monday?

-It would be the third date in ten days.

-What can I say... Better to have more, right?

Sohe chuckled. -I'm free. At the usual time?

-I'll pick you up. Send me the address.

Sohee happily returned to the table and resumed talking with her friends, while Nayeon explained to Minhyuk that at that moment she didn't feel like resolving things between them. They watched their friend sit down and Minhyuk saw how Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon. Was it possible that he was losing to her best friend? Maybe it was right with him since he had hindered Jeongyeon in the past.

 Was it possible that he was losing to her best friend? Maybe it was right with him since he had hindered Jeongyeon in the past

Minhyuk woke up alone once again. He and Nayeon had come to the conclusion that continuing the break was good for both of them. But was that really what was right? Or were they afraid to accept reality? The boy had to go to work. He opened the door to Jeongyeon's room and saw Nayeon sleeping on her friend's chest while smiling. Perhaps the best choice he could have made was to leave the field free to the black-haired girl, it almost seemed that Nayeon had started to feel for her what she felt for Minhyuk. And who knows... Maybe with Jeongyeon she would have had more fun. He had done everything to protect her, but he had failed miserably. He closed the door and went to the bathroom to take a shower and reflect on his mistakes and also on Sohee. She didn't seem like a bad girl to him, he didn't think Jeongyeon was in danger. He put on his ironed clothes and left the bathroom, finding himself in front of the friend he was thinking about.

-We need to talk.

-About what now? Nayeon is yours. Can't you see how she looks at you?

-What are you talking about? Nayeon has loved you since we were sixteen.

-But it didn't work.

-She couldn't have started feeling something for me overnight.

-Maybe she always liked you but she didn't realized it. After all, we are always together and she felt something for me, she must have confused what she also felt for you with love towards me.

-I don't know... But I'm not here to talk about that. Nayeon will start working as a masseuse. Why didn't you tell me about that decision?

-I was just afraid that some pervert-

-It's not a valid reason. Our job is to protect her, not to decide for her and deprive her of her freedom, just as your job is to protect me, not to make me look like a sh*t in front of Sohee just because you don't like her. Are you afraid that she might replace you? Sooner or later it would happen that I would find someone, but you will always be important to me.

-I think Nayeon wants to leave me.

-I think the best choice for everyone now is to just remain friends. Maybe in the future there will be something with Nayeon, but she still has to heal from the wounds of your relationship right now.

-I agree. But, believe me, I think she likes you.

Jeongyeon smiled. -I waited a long time for this, I hated you, I was jealous, but only now I realize that I was as selfish as you. We are best friends, let's never forget that.

-I must go to work.

-See you this evening.

Nayeon woke up and smelled Jeongyeon's good smell

-What perfume is it?

-It's just shampoo.

-You smell so good, Jeong.

The black-haired smiled. -Sohee has a friend who is looking for a masseuse. You should contact him, I'll send you the number later.

-Thank you, Jeong.

-Everything for you, princess.

Nayeon settled herself more comfortably on Jeongyeon's chest. -It's been a long time since you called me that.

-Because you were with Minhyuk.

-Whoever I am with, it will never change that I am your princess.

-Same thing goes for me. You will forever be my number one. But you have to let me live in peace. You don't like Sohee, I get it, but I do.

Nayeon closed her eyes. -How much do you like her?

-I don't know how much, but I know that she attracts me.

-I want to leave Minhyuk.

-Did you decide?

-We need to recover our friendship before it's too late. Unfortunately it's too late. I always fall in love with the wrong person.

-Don't say that, sooner or later you will find the right person for you.

-Do you think you found her?

-I don't know if Sohee is the right person for me, but I know I want to give it a try.