Disappearance and promises

Nayeon was reading a magazine on a deckchair by the pool and seemed to be quite engrossed in reading, so much so that she didn't notice the presence next to her.

-Hey beautiful.

The girl put the magazine on her lap and smiled. -Minhyuk. Jeongyeon?

-She remained in the field to think. At least we have some time alone.- he said wrapping an arm around her waist.

-Yes.- the girl replied, resting her head on his shoulder. -But... I don't like excluding her.

-I know, me neither.

-Maybe it would be a good idea for us to continue doing everything together for a little while longer. At least until she finds someone.

-I'm afraid it will take a while...

-Don't be so pessimistic. Jeongyeon is a beautiful girl, attractive, kind, funny...

-Hey! It almost feels like she's your girlfriend.

Nayeon smiled. -This reminds me of when you were little and said that I was the girlfriend of both.

If Jeongyeon and Minhyuk had known at the time...

-But now you're only mine.- the boy said, placing a kiss on her temple.

-Let's go back to the room, I'm a little tired.

-All right.

They went upstairs with the plan to get dressed, eat something quick and then go to sleep and so they did. However, there was no sign of Jeongyeon all evening.

-Jeong didn't show up...- Nayeon said in the elevator as they went up to their room again after dinner. -Did you tell her to stay away from us?

-No, darling, Jeong is still our best friend. Even though I would like to be alone with you, I wouldn't go that far. I love her.

And Minhyuk wasn't lying about that. He had to be honest, he was a little jealous of what he had discovered, but he had to admit that he was worried about his black-haired friend. Nayeon opened the room, finding it empty once again.

-Enough, I'll call her.

She took her phone out of her purse and called her friend three times, but all three times she was sent to voicemail.

-She doesn't receive the messages.- Minhyuk said starting to feel guilty. Could it be that their chat had convinced Jeongyeon to do something she shouldn't have? He would've never forgiven himself.

-Let's go look for her, please. Someone must have seen her.

No matter how much they loved each other, Nayeon and Minhyuk would always consider Jeongyeon the most important thing to them. They got out again and split up: Nayeon went towards the golf course, Minhyuk towards the soccer field, in the hope of finding her still there, but that wasn't the case. They went looking almost everywhere in the large structure but no one seemed to have seen her, she had just disappeared into thin air. Yet her backpack was still in their room, including the wallet, it was impossible that she had returned home.

-She's nowhere.- Nayeon said in tears once she was reunited with Minhyuk.

The boy hugged her and tried to console her, even though he would have needed consolation too, especially since her feelings of guilt were eating away at him. They hadn't said anything much to each other, but maybe Minhyuk could have been more understanding. He knew that Jeongyeon didn't hate him and her jealousy was understandable, especially because she had sacrificed herself, putting her feelings aside, so as not to ruin their friendship. They went up to the room not knowing exactly what to do. First of all they had to calm down, they were upset, then they would call Momo to get news. Minhyuk opened the door and Nayeon followed him.

-I'm going to the bathroom for a moment.- said the boy, who was holding back tears.

Nayeon sat on the bed and tried to think where their friend might be.

-Jeongyeon!- Minhyuk exclaimed.

The brunette immediately got up and walked past her boyfriend into the bathroom. There she saw her friend sitting on the ground. Her eyes filled with tears again, this time with happiness.

-Jeong ...- The girl stood up and Nayeon rushed into her arms. -Don't ever do it again. I got so worried...

Jeongyeon felt sad to hear her friend shaking so much and rubbed her back trying to calm her down. Minhyuk smiled at her and the black-haired smiled back.

-I'm here, Nay, don't worry. I just needed to walk a little.

-Did something happen? You can tell us, we're your friends.- the brunette asked, breaking away.

-There are times when you just need to get away from everyone.

-But you've never done it before.

-Nay, it happens to everyone sometimes. Don't worry, the important thing is that she's fine.- Minhyuk told her. -Go get some herbal tea, you need it.

The girl nodded and left the bathroom, going to the first floor, where the bar was located. Meanwhile, Minhyuk and Jeongyeon were left alone.

-I was so worried about you.

-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I acted on impulse.

-Jeong, I love you and I want you to know that I understand you.

-Minhyuk, I love you too, just as I love Nayeon. My feelings for her will never change what I will be for her. For her, I am her best friend and will continue to be it.

Minhyuk looked down. -You are jealous of me but I envy you so much: I would like to be strong like you and have respected the pact.

-You're right: we swore to make her happy and at the moment the only thing that will make her happy is being with the person she loves who, as much as it hurts me, is you. But... It's time for another promise: the first time you make her suffer, I will run to her and you will have to accept it.

Minhyuk nodded and shook the hand she held out to him. -I would never make her suffer but, if it were to happen, you have my word: I won't accuse you of anything, you will have free reign.

if someone doesn't find me a relationship, I'll stop publishing books
level of desperation

(obviously i'm joking, or maybe not...)