27

"Jiaqi. You have something on your hair. Don't move." Xueer said as she leaned over to the passenger seat.

"X-Xueer..." Jiaqi leaned further back into her seat as she held her breath.

Xueer's questioning gaze flickered from the top of Jiaqi's head to Jiaqi's eyes. Jiaqi averted her eyes.

Xueer returned her attention to the fluff of dust on top of Jiaqi's head. Picking it up with her fingers, Xueer rolled down the window and flicked the dust out.

Jiaqi turned to look out the window and she had the shock of her life.

There, right outside the window, was Yuyan standing silently, just watching them.

Jumping, Jiaqi wrapped her arms around Xueer, turning to face the other direction.

Yuyan silently got into the backseat and she closed the door after her.

"Jiaqi..." Xueer softly called, making Jiaqi realise that she was still holding onto Xueer. Quickly withdrawing her hands, Jiaqi suddenly found the seatbelt very fascinating as she looked down at it and adjusted it.

"..."

Xueer sat back into her seat and she stared ahead, zoned out for a moment with a giddy smile on her face.

Jiaqi is really so adorable.

Xueer turned on the engine and she started driving them back to the dorms.

Yuyan looked out her side of the window the entire ride.

Xueer parked the car in the carpark of Yuyan's dorm building. Yuyan got out and she stood there, looking longingly at Xueer who did not spare her a glance.

Xueer reversed and got out of the car park, heading to the next destination.

Jiaqi turned her head back and saw Yuyan walk away listlessly like a zombie. Yuyan's footsteps were heavy and it was like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.

"Jiaqi, so... Do you trust me now?" Xueer asked as she continued driving.

Trust...

Jiaqi bit her lips in thought as she concentrated.

After a while, Jiaqi answered,

"Uh..."

"I guess... so...?" Jiaqi offered as her brows crossed together.

After the friendly gathering, Jiaqi really thinks that Yuyan is outstanding at convincing people that she is Xueer's Friday girlfriend. Jiaqi really respects that even when it is not Friday, Yuyan will continue acting like Xueer's girlfriend so that her acting skills will not get rusty on Fridays.

If I were Keyin, I would be completely fooled by their relationship. I would think that they are actually girlfriends. Even their fake fight right now seems so real.

"Great, Jiaqi. Guess we are friends now, no longer just neighbours." Xueer grinned in delight.

F-Friends?

"Yes...Friends." Jiaqi's face lit up too.

They fell into a comfortable silence as Jiaqi looked out the window and admired the moon and the stars shining brightly in the dark sky.

After a 10 minutes drive to the next building, Xueer parked the car and both Jiaqi and herself got out.

They both arrived at their dorm rooms and retrieved their clothes and toiletries. They showered and did the necessary. They returned to their rooms.

"Goodnight... Jiaqi." Xueer said with her crescent eyes.

"G-Goodnight..." Jiaqi quickly entered her room and closed the door.

"Guess what? Dark Circles, I am friends with Kong Xueer!" Jiaqi giggled as she raised her panda into the sky. Jiaqi kicked her happy feet into the air.

"And... and... she is so warm!" Jiaqi squealed as she buried her face into the panda, recalling the way that Xueer suddenly hugged her in the movie theatre and the way that she held onto Xueer in the car just now.

"We went window-shopping... we had Haidilao... we went to watch a movie... she drove me there... she drove me back!"

"She helped me to try on a necklace that looks nice~"

"She fed me tasty mushrooms~"

"She took a polaroid of me and she kept it... It was the first time that anyone had taken a polaroid of me..."

Even softer, Jiaqi whispered to the panda, "She gave me even more head pets today..."

...

"I have such a nice friend..."

...

"Oh. Yuyan was there too."