14

“Xueer!” a loud voice followed by a few loud knocks woke Jiaqi up. 

Jiaqi went and opened the door partially, revealing someone she has never seen before.

She had long auburn red hair that was different from Xueer's and an oval shape face.

“Xueer?” The stranger asked Jiaqi.

“She is there.” Jiaqi gestured at the opposite door.

“Oh.” The stranger repeated her actions at Xueer's door.

Jiaqi was about to close the door and resume sleeping but she felt bothered when she heard Xueer's door creak open. 

“...Yuyan?” Xueer's husky sleepy voice reached Jiaqi's ears, making Jiaqi's heart skip a couple of beats.

Jiaqi closed the door and leaned against it. 

“Xueer~ how can you … pspspsps” Jiaqi strained to listen to their conversation through the door but it proved difficult when they both lowered their volume.

Jiaqi decided to look through the peekhole and she regretted it immediately.

Xueer had her signature crescent eyes and sweet smile aimed at the stranger before Xueer’s hand was on the stranger’s wrist and the stranger was pulled into Xueer’s room.

… I thought she only smiled at me like that…

Unknowingly, tears started building in Jiaqi’s eyes.

Jiaqi went over to her bed and hugged her panda, but she did not manage to resume sleeping.

Yuyan… So that is who Xueer has been telling me about… Business English. Has two other friends, Keyin and Shuxin. She eats corn…she is about to eat carrots too…?

The fact that bothered Jiaqi the most is that Xueer eats corn and carrots with Yuyan.

While Jiaqi thinks that Xueer would look very pretty in photos as Xueer is very photogenic, Jiaqi thinks that her own photographic memory is at times both a blessing and a curse. 

Although Jiaqi only saw Yuyan for a few seconds, Jiaqi could tell that Yuyan has a cold and intimidating aura that warns people to stay away, but upon seeing Xueer, her aura suddenly became warm and welcoming. 

Jiaqi bit her thumb as she thought that any girl would find Yuyan attractive.

Xueer most likely finds her attractive too…

Jiaqi rolled onto her other side as she squeezed her panda and hugged it tighter.

That was when Jiaqi heard knocks on her door again, snapping Jiaqi out of her over-thinking tendency.

“Jiaqi?” 

Jiaqi hurriedly blinked and rubbed her eyes to erase any signs of tears before she got up and looked through the peekhole again.

Jiaqi was surprised to see Xueer and… Yuyan there.

Jiaqi opened the door, folding her arms as she stared at Yuyan. 

Yuyan blinked rapidly, stunned at the intensity of Jiaqi's stare.

“Jiaqi, Yuyan. Yuyan, Jiaqi.” Xueer introduced them both.

“I have heard about you.” Jiaqi and Yuyan both said at the same time.

“You are Xueer's friend, Yuyan.” Jiaqi said.

“Xueer…?” Yuyan looked at Xueer, hurt.

“You only told her that I am your friend…?” Yuyan's face fell as she grabbed onto Xueer's shirt sleeve.

“I am hurt…” Yuyan looked at Xueer before she looked at Jiaqi again.

“I am … Xueer's Friday Girlfriend.” Yuyan said.

???

Jiaqi felt her world shatter.

.

.

.

A/N: happy valentine's ♡