24

"We are here. Faster, get out." Xueer said as she got out of the car.

Jiaqi feels that Xueer is always rushing. Always asking her to be "faster". At this point, Jiaqi wonders if she is really that slow.

"Xueer, slow down. Yuyan can't catch up." Jiaqi said to Xueer, before she turned to look to her right where Yuyan was supposed to be.

"Eh?!" Jiaqi exclaimed in shock, "Where did Yuyan go?"

The knocking against the car window made Jiaqi spin her head around.

Yuyan waved to Jiaqi, smirking in victory.

"You." Yuyan soundlessly made mouth movements against the window without speaking as she knew that if Xueer heard her, she would most likely get scolded.

"Are."

"So."

"Slow."

Yuyan smirked once more and went to hold Xueer's hand.

Jiaqi's eyebrows furrowed. She couldn't help but to think that Yuyan really seems like an idiot.

Couldn't Yuyan have chosen someone other than Xueer to be her Friday Girlfriend? It is a waste of Xueer's time.

Jiaqi got out of the car and went to Xueer's side.

"Come on. We will be late." Xueer said as she led the lion and the fox to a movie theatre, a few buildings down.

"Wow. I haven't been here in forever!" Yuyan shook Xueer's hand excitedly.

"What do you want to watch, Xueer?" Yuyan looked at Xueer, who was looking at Jiaqi looking at the movie posters.

"Xueer~" Yuyan pointed at a movie poster that was all black and in the middle were the words, "Don't Touch" in blood red ink, with the ink dripping off the ends of the letters.

"Shall we watch that? Seems scary and interesting." Yuyan suggested.

"Sure." Xueer turned and called the fox over.

"Jiaqi, what do you think of this?" Xueer asked Jiaqi.

Jiaqi looked at it and hesitated.

It looks like a horror movie because of the title. 'Don't Touch'. 'Don't Look Up'. 'Don't Look Down'. 'Don't Look Behind'... Will Xueer think that I'm a scaredy cat if I say 'No'?

"Maybe, something else. Jiaqi has turned pale. I think that she won't be able to sleep for nights after this." Yuyan mocked.

"S-sure! Why not?" Jiaqi agreed. Damn, why did I stutter?

"Are you sure, Jiaqi?" Xueer looked at Jiaqi in concern, knowing from experience that Jiaqi can be afraid of her own shadow.

"We can always watch something else." Xueer added.

"It's just a movie, Xueer. Let's watch it." Jiaqi replied.

"Okay! I will go see if they have tickets. Remember to transfer me, Jiaqi. Free for you, Xueer." Yuyan went to get the tickets.

"Our first movie date, Jiaqi." Xueer smiled brightly with her crescent eyes, directed at Jiaqi.

"D-date? Friendly gathering." Jiaqi corrected Xueer.

Xueer giggled.

"Yes... friendly gathering." Xueer twirled the ends of her hair around her fingers, pondering if she had just been friendzoned for the first time in her life.

Jiaqi dared not look at Xueer for too long and she went to focus on her shoes.

???

Jiaqi felt herself being petted on her head.

"Why are you so cute, Jiaqi?" Xueer whispered into Jiaqi's ear.

"Makes me want to bite you."

Jiaqi gasped, shocked at what Xueer just said.

Flustered, Jiaqi went to find Yuyan.

Yuyan looked at Jiaqi with many question marks in her head.

"D-does Xueer like to watch movies?" Jiaqi asked Yuyan as they were in the queue to buy the tickets, as Jiaqi tried to get her heart rate back down.

"Yes. She likes many things." Yuyan replied.

Their conversation ended there, and when it was their turn, they bought the movie tickets.