~7~

Song: Snowfall-Frank Saint, by: JP DA G

~~~

The mainland was the most beautiful resort Dom had ever seen. Lapis Cove Resort was written in a royal blue on the sign near the gates.

They walked through the large, dark oak gates and were immediately greeted by a gorgeous view of the pink and orange sunrise. There were a few, young polynesian women by the entrances with leis to hang out for the guests, but otherwise there weren't any people wandering around since it was still so early, but the group was simply taking in the beauty around them.

Each of them received their own leis, colors ranging from bright rainbows to solid primary or secondary colors.

"Dommo, we have the same color leis! Pink is definitely our color," Ramone excitedly exclaims.

Dom turns to the young woman, "Can I get the blue one instead, please?"

There was a boardwalk just by the shore that led down what appeared to be miles of retail shops and bars. Down the boardwalk, there was a grand stage with birch tables surrounding it, more than likely for showcases or entertainment. They couldn't believe it.

Makani couldn't help but find it cute that they were ogling at everything around them.

The gorgeous pink-orange sunrise only added to the purity of the island around her. She definitely felt like a tourist but didn't care if she looked silly. The endless amounts of places to visit and things to see were already calling her name.

After Makani showed them around the resort as well as the main pools, main bars and stages, Dom sees a familiar pair of people in the distance. She couldn't see from far away without her glasses, but she could make out the familiar copper-red coily hair.

She sees her mother's hands immediately cover her mouth as she lets out startling sobs, she jogs over to her children, her husband following close behind her.

"You." Dom sped towards her parents. Expecting an affectionate hug or a tearful reunion, they smiled at their kids and continued to approach them, only to notice the angry expressions stuck on their faces.

Tears were already welling up in Dom's eyes and her forehead looked as though a vein was going to pop any second. "How could you?.. How could you?" She choked out. Catalina reached out to her daughter, barely grazing her shoulder before Dom pulled her body away. "No!" Catalina's hand flinched away and back to her side, she had never felt such rejection from her daughter, someone who had always been so affectionate.

Tomas stands in front of her and holds her away from their parents, she continues to stand tall behind her brother but emotionally shrinks away.

All that talk about wanting their heads and now I'm at a loss for words. When am I ever at a loss for words?

"Please, let us-" Tomas takes one step back, his arms reaching for his sister and pushing her back as well. "No. You don't talk to us, you don't look at us. Just go."

"Not now," he finishes, his voice cracking on the last syllable. He's never disrespected or rejected the far and few attempts at connection from his mother. But in that moment, the only tears that broke his heart were the ones that threatened to fall from his sister's eyes.

Another sob accompanied by a pair of tears escaped from Catalina's eyes. A mother is supposed to protect her kids, and here they are in front of her. Confused, unprotected, and hurt. By her. The one who was supposed to protect them.