~1~

Song: Swing Lynn, by: Harmless

~~~

Monday

"DOM! GET UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!.. HELLO?! I'M DAMN SURE I DON'T LIVE ALONE IN THIS HOUSE!.. DOMINIQUE!"

Dom shivered under her covers, feeling way too comfortable to get up yet. She was having one of those overdramatic, action-packed dreams and it was too interesting for her to interrupt.

"Guey! Pa' hoy!" (Hey! For today!) Tomas yelled out in the house, frustrated with his sister who always refused to get up on time.

Footsteps boomed down the hall and her door was slammed open. "DOM! WHERE'S MY GYM BAG?! I NEED IT!"

Kevin screamed in her room, frantically searching the area for his duffel bag. When she made no movements in bed, he ran to her and ripped the covers right off her body, exposing her to the cold room.

"Mmm, get away." She shivered again and got into a fetal position, still refusing to wake up.

He shoved her off the bed right onto the stiff carpet and ran to her on the other side, "Dom! Dom! Dom! Dom!"

She sat up on her elbows and huffed some stray curly hair out of her face. "What?"

"Help me find my bag?" She rolled her eyes and reached a hand up to Kevin. As he helped her up, she then shoved him to the ground. "Yeah, doesn't feel so nice, does it?.. Bitchass..." He stayed lying on the ground and stared at the ceiling until she would agree to help him.

She rubbed her eyes and went into her closet to change for the school day. She knew she was late, but she always managed to get there on time, even if it was right before the bell. Before the bell is still on time, does it even matter? 

She quickly put on a black sweater and some gray sweatshorts and walked out of her room to find Kevin on the ground, scrolling through his phone.

"You have yet to tell me where my bag at." She removed her hair from the messed up topknot and went over to her bathroom to quickly refresh her hair.

"Woman!"

"GIMME LIKE TWO SECONDS!"

Not even two seconds had passed and he was back to pestering her again, "Where my shit at?"

Before she even had the time to snap back at her best friend, Tomas barges into her room. "Good morning, sissy. If you don't get ya' fatass in the car in the next 5 minutes, you're staying here, and I'm not taking you to work after."

She turned to her twin, hands still loosely applying some product to her hair. "Remind me who drives again? I know it's not you, so watch ya' mouth, hoe."

"Don't forget I'm older by a minute! You got five minutes, sissy!" Tomas runs downstairs, anxiously waiting for his sister and best friend. Even though he was half-Dominican, he never caught onto the consistently being late because of 'Caribbean time.'

Dom exited her bathroom, hair slightly damp, and watched as Kevin continued to scroll through his phone.

"Your bag's in the car, you had practice on Friday, remember?"

He immediately stood and ran to Dom, tackling her in a tight hug. "YOU'RE THE BEST! YOU'RE THE BEST! YOU'RE THE BEST! WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?!"

He scrambled through her boho bag that lay on the desk, searching for her car keys. Kevin sprinted out of her room and out of the house so fast, that Dom couldn't even remind him that they were leaving already anyway.