~4~

Song: Space Song, by: Beach House

~~~

Wednesday

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Dom's alarm rang from under her pillow, vibrating against her ear. "Anything but that. Noo."

She feels her slightly crusty eyes struggling to open and she reaches for her overheated phone. Her head was pounding, as though her frontal lobe was reaching for the stars and couldn't reach past her forehead.

As her body sits up, she groans, her hand reaching for her forehead and feeling some stray sweaty, knotted curls stuck to it. Sickness wasn't the reason she felt so diseased, rather it was just a sickly feeling in her stomach.

Her stomach was flipping upside down every second, and today just did not feel like her day. The idea of staying home did cross her mind. But she remembered that literature exam that she had stayed up late studying for, which would most likely explain this feeling she had. It's simply nerves. Everyone gets nervous before exams, especially when they're worth half your grade and you only take so many exams per semester, she thought.

She drags herself out of bed, and begins to get ready for the day. She hears distant noise from downstairs, and she assumes it's her brother or Kevin getting ready to leave.

While she changes into her sweatpants and t-shirt, she lays her forehead against the wall of her full-length mirror. "Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, I could kill myself today," she chants to herself.

With a swift motion down the stairs of their home, she threw the keys to her brother. "I cannot drive today. Don't feel good about it, I'd end up crashing that shit. Lord knows we can't afford another car." Tomas didn't question her, he knew she was not messing around, and was also not to be messed with.

Makani had left for her own house yesterday morning after a couple more hours of sleep, and she still hadn't replied to any messages. She must've still felt awful, Dom thought.

They all piled into the car and were on the way to school, where Dom had her head against the window of the passenger side for the entire ride.

~~~

Normal people in high school wouldn't want to socialize so early in the morning, but they wouldn't be so against some friendly conversation with their peers. Dom, however, had ten minutes before the first block and her social battery was lower than the ground. She doesn't think she could stand 5 minutes in any conversation with anybody.

While Dom was trying to fix her bangs in the mirror of her locker, it shut right on her face. "Shit! Shit, shit, shit." While trying to dismantle the stinging pain, she gently rubs her increasingly, aching forehead.

"Well, that kind of language is definitely not appropriate for school, young lady." Ramone had approached her from behind, where Dom immediately turned around and shut the locker. The same locker that had harshfully shut in her face, the same locker that was on her side-which was not the side that Ramone came from, meaning he didn't do it.

"Hi, and bye. Not in the mood." The round glasses hanging just below the bridge of her nose are just aching to be readjusted and she walks away. He goes to reach for her arm and misses, immediately following after her.

"I know we don't have first hour together, but I still wanna talk a little. We have time, right?" He cheekily tries to get her attention, and she makes no attempt to give him any of her attention. Maybe she wasn't sure about it before, but now she was definitely leaving after her exam.