~3~

Song: As It Was, by: Hozier

~~~

"That simply wouldn't be feasible. Catalina, Tatsuya-I want nothing more than to protect your family, and your kids. But, there's steps to be taken, protocols to be followed. Our clan has followed these rules for centuries, we simply can't break them for your sake." Eleu's raspy voice while low, boomed throughout the council room. He was adamant on his stance to not involve Dominique and Tomas. They couldn't know about him.

"Eleu, we need solutions! We can't just run into this with no plan! Our kids are well past the lies and secrecy!" Tatsuya slams his hands on the podium he and his wife were standing behind. His pulse was racing just thinking about his children who were at home. His beautiful, unknowing children.

They had tried for 18 years to keep them away from this, knowing of the prophecy and what would be required of them. They didn't think the time would have to come so soon. They also didn't think they would be the ones pushing so hard to have their kids involved.

Catalina roared throughout the councilroom, "My kids will not be used as bait! Especially not my daughter. You know what's coming. You know what is going to happen. The prophecy gets passed down to every council leader! You know that he's coming. We all know that he's coming. Why is there still an argument?!" She was going to get what she wanted, whether she had to force the hand of every single of these councilmembers on the stand.

"Abaddon is going to come back... And, we are the council. We are responsible for all of the clans on the Hawaiian islands, and we cannot come to an agreement on an issue that only has one solution..."

Ayana was sitting next to Eleu, her eyes were colder than any hailstorm's conception. Catalina knew that she was not going to understand, she was the most stern in the traditional beliefs of the council. She looked towards the other 5 members, hoping for them to see reason.

Comemierdas, her mind is yelling over and over. (Assholes or little shits.)

Her eyes lock on Makani, on the far left corner of the council podium. She was paler than normal and looked sickly. Her forehead was glossy from the sweat and her lips were a dry pink, clearly she was not well. But, her council duties seemed to come first.

Please. She pleads with her eyes to Makani, hoping that she'll receive the message she's sending. She was her family too after all. Makani's eyes drop to the table as she pretends to wipe dust away.

"Please. If Abaddon is to return, we need as many reinforcements that we can get. We can get our kids trained! There's still time!"

Tatsuya kept silent, not wanting to engage anymore in the conversation, at risk of further angering himself and saying something outwardly. He had a hand on top of his wife's fist that continued to bang on the podium as she spoke. Tears of frustration were welling in her eyes as she tried to argue for the rights of her currently absent kids. They couldn't even be there to defend themselves.

Ayana and Luka glanced at one another, before looking back to Eleu. They were the big 3 of the council, having the roles passed down to them going back 13 generations. They took their roles very seriously and were in no business of turning against the rules, or the council's prophecy.

"I have no magic. I cannot protect them. A mother's love and protection can only go so far. I want to give them the best chance, I want to give her the best chance. They deserve it, the world deserves it. Are we seriously going to allow chaos to ensue on the rest of the world when we have a chance to stop it? Councilmen, Makani... Please..." She moves from the podium and over to the council stands and lets a tear fall from her widened, pleading eyes.