15

Angel Reese

"Okay, so what if we alter this piece here. Move it up a little so you won't have to worry about tripping?" The sematress asked as I sighed nodding. I felt my eyes start watering and I groaned.
"I just can't believe my dress doesn't fucking fit. Like I have the worst luck," I mumbled under my breath.
"Okay, let's do it," Jeanine answered for me as the older women gave a small smile, before laying a hand on my shoulder.
"I know it's not what you were looking forward to, but you're going to look amazing sweetheart. Don't let this little detail stress you too much, you have a great day ahead of you. I'll have this down in about forty minutes, and I'll have Karlie drop it off for you," she said as I smiled a bit nodding. I needed to hear that for sure.
"Thank you, i appreciate you so much Ms. Casey, I'm gonna go get ready for this luncheon thingy," I said as they nodded, letting me know I was okay to leave. I stepped out and called Jelo as I did.
"Hello?"
"Hi baby, I'm leaving my fitting now. Are you still at the room?" I asked as Jeanine walked out and we headed to the black truck that was waiting.
"Yes ma'am. Your mom said are you coming here or going straight to your lunch?" He asked as I chuckled.
"I'm on my way there now. I look hella bummy, I gotta change," I said as he laughed.
"I'm sure you look beautiful. But alright I'll see you in a little bit," we hung up and I sighed, resting my head on the window. This weekend was draft weekend and I couldn't be more exhausted. All the ripping and running this weekend for the draft was killing me. Auntie too old for this, I thought making myself giggle. We finally pulled up to the hotel they had us at and I smiled seeing Cameron outside doing an interview of some sort. We got out the car and I quickly hugged her as I walked passed.
"So yeah I th- oh hey my girl," she said as I waved back. She continued her interview as I walked into the hotel.
"Okay, down here at 11am. Dressed and ready to go," Jeanine said as I nodded.
"Yes mom," I teased as she waved me off.
"I'm so proud of you Ang, so proud," she said making me smile.
"We did this J. I wouldn't be here without you," I said squeezing her lightly before heading up to the room. When I got there I saw my mom, Jelo, and Julian all dressed up and I smiled even bigger.
"I love yall so much. Yall look so good," I said as I walked into the room. I started to get everything together while I waited on my makeup artist. My hair was pretty simple, just straight with my leave out so I flat ironed it myself white adding a small amount of Hairsprsy to keep it intact. My mom and Juju left to go do something, leaving Jelani and I in the room alone. I sat in the mirrors looking myself over once more, as he walked Up, hugging me from behind.
"You look amazing baby. I'm so damn proud of you," he said as I leaned my head back kissing him.
"Thank you baby. Oh c'mere we gotta take pictures for my instagram," he nodded, posing as I snapped a few before letting go.

Bayoubarb Draft day flicks 📸View all 18 comments Theyluhray BookiessssAja22wilson Welcome to the big league baby cakes🤝🏾Fourfafo Gangyyyy🫶🏽

View all 18 comments
Theyluhray Bookiessss
Aja22wilson Welcome to the big league baby cakes🤝🏾
Fourfafo Gangyyyy🫶🏽

There was a knock at the door causing me to snap back into reality.
"One second," I called out as I walked to the door. I opened it and Karlie as well as my make up artist were both there.
"I just finished my hair so perfect timing! Thank you so much Karlie, oh here," I said as I turned around grabbing the cash. She smile and shook her head.
"You payed in the store Ms. Reese. All set," she said as I shook my head placing the money in her hands anyways.
"That's the tip for you and Ms.Casey. Yall saved my big day, I appetite you'll so much," I said as she smiled beige thanking me and leaving.
"Alright, let's get this show on the road,"

————————
"And with the seventh pick of the two-thousand twenty-fourth WNBA Draft, the Chicago Sky select Angel Reese, from LSU," I froze a bit before smiling big. I said a quick prayer before hugging everyone at my table and slowly walking up to the stage. I hugged the commissioner before taking a picture.
"Congratulations Angel," I smiled and thanked her before walking off the stage. They had me walk to the back and once I was out of sight I screamed a little.
"Finally. I made it man," I said as I started to get emotional. Everything I had worked so hard for led to success. I'm literally living my dream right now.
"Congrats teammie!" I heard as i turned around seeing Kamilla. I smiled and gave her a small hug. This was my first time seeing her since the Sec tournament where shit got dicey so I was real mindful of that, but at the same time we were teammates now soon would have to look past that.
"Congrats girl. We're finally teammates now," I said as she laughed.
"I know right? Bout time I was tired of going against you," I laughed agreeing. We talked to the Chicago owner a little more before heading back to the tables I cheered for the rest of the draftees, while scrolling social media. It was full of nothing but live and I couldn't be happier.

Liked by Jelo1love and 406,092 othersAngelreese10 "Angel " in the Sky✨View all 5,688 comments Mani_dollaz proud of you 10🙌Jelo1love Aja22wilson congrats babygirl! Welcome to the W🫶🏽Chicagosky This Barbie is a Chicago Sky😇

Angelreese10 "Angel " in the Sky✨
View all 5,688 comments
Mani_dollaz proud of you 10🙌
Jelo1love
Aja22wilson congrats babygirl! Welcome to the W🫶🏽
Chicagosky This Barbie is a Chicago Sky😇

Excuse all errors
Our girl is in the big League now 🥹
Ajah 🫶🏽