Chapter Twenty-One

Daedae Watkins-Graham | 19

"I'm sorry Izzy but I can't," I spoke through the phone watching her smile turn into a frown.

"Daedae! We haven't seen each other in weeks? Why are you steady trying to not see me? I'm not getting it?"

And by her tone she seemed like she was getting ready to cry and I didn't want that to happen.

"Baby listen," sighing putting my phone down grabbing my black Uggs Tasman slippers sliding them onto my feet. "I'm not, alright?" Scratching my head picking up my phone again, my face was now back on the camera. "I'm sort of in a situation right now where I can't leave the house."

"Oh my gosh Daedae! What situation could you possibly be in? I've been telling you about this day since last year."

My heart shattered when I saw a tear fall from her eye.

"I know baby, I know. I got into some shit, you know I would never miss a special day for you on purpose. I fucked up, okay? I fucked up fuckin badly man," I mumbled already starting to feel frustrated.

"What did you do?"

"Some stupid shit Izzy,"

"Like?"

She asked wanting to get the answer out of me but I can't tell her about what I did, hell no.

"Okay Daedae, I see how everything is now." She nodded her head making me frown.

"Huh? Izzy, what?"

"There must be someone else in the picture now. Because the old you would've told me what was going on in your life asap.

"No, wait— Izzy you don't understand."

"So help me understand! All you're doing is circling around your words. And just looking at me thinking I'm dumb or something. Ughhh! You're actually getting on my nerves now. I'll talk to you when I feel like it."

The FaceTime call came to an end leaving me frozen. I started to get aggravated and threw my phone across the room.

Fuck!

Everyday I'm regretting the stupid ass decision I made that day. Now I'm paranoid every second or think someone is watching me.

But my dad told me he's got everything under controlled. I don't know what that means in his words.

Definitely don't want him to go back to jail for what I did.

I walked to where I threw my phone, picking it up I cracked my phone badly.

Going, to my call logs again, I tried to call her one more but my screen wasn't letting me. Sighing I just stopped and headed downstairs.

Hearing voices in the dining room, I made my way there seeing my dad was here, once again.