Chapter One

Aubrey Graham | 32

"How's my son's doing Chubbs?" I had the phone up to my ear looking at him through the large glass window.

"They're doing good fam. Daedae just graduated. He's the top prospect in his class. He hasn't decided what college he wants to go to yet though, and Amir is about to go in head start. He's getting big as shit." Chubbs chuckled pulling out his phone showing me pictures of them.

I nodded as a smile formed on my face but also sad inside because I couldn't be there for them in physical form. That shit was hurting me bad.

"I've been telling niggas about how cold my son was on the court man."

We both laughed and Chubbs agreed.

"Let me see Amir again," I nodded at him and he turned his phone on again showing me my son. "Damn man." I mumbled rubbing my hand over my braids I had in. "Four years...He's already Four years old and I never met him a day in my life." I said feeling a lump form in my throat.

"You'll meet him soon bro. Patience is the ke-."

I looked at Chubbs not speaking.

"I'm serious man," He looked left, then right before speaking into the phone again. D pulled some strings... trust us on this."

"I'm not up for no bullshit Chubbs."

"Nigga! I'm not lying! When have I came to you with this news while you were in here? Never! So this time, believe me."

He was right, this was the first time he ever said something like that to me while being in here.

"Aight man." I finished that subject off there. "Why didn't Roxx or Baka come?"

"Roxx is with his girl in Italy and you know Baka is in some business meetings today."

"So Roxx is really locked in with Marisa huh?"

"Yup, but she's good for him though. Honestly never thought he would settle down anytime soon."

"Well if he's happy, I'm happy for my guy too. Does Mariah talk to you still?"

"Man she stopped talking to me, Baka, and Roxx. She only chats with Ari of course. Like every time she comes over to our house she doesn't say anything to me. I don't know what the fuck I did. She started doing this ignoring us shit a couple days ago."

"That's crazy... all because your linked to me. Do you know if she ever asks about me with Ari?"

"Here and there yeah. I be hearing a little bit of there conversations sometimes."

"Well why don't she come and fucking see me!" I shouted into the phone making the officers give me a warning and I calmed down. "This bitch is really blowing me yo. How are you not gonna let me see any of my damn kids man? That's some weird shit bro. I never would've thought Mariah would be one of those type of women."

"Aye, chill. You don't mean that. Everyone knows you both still love each other, clear as day and even though she don't like me at the moment, I'm not gonna sit here and let you call her a bitch AG."

I ignored Chubbs whole lecture. He didn't know how I was feeling like in the moment. Imagine being in my shoes.

Killing a nigga who was talking about my lady, at the time disrespectfully. But that wasn't even the whole part on why I killed him. The shit was much deeper, street wise. Thought she said she was gonna hold me down through all my trials and tribulations but obviously that was a lie.

"I don't have any respect for her anymore. I'm being so deadass."

"Yeah, this isn't the AG I know who would do anything for that girl. You're just talking out your ass right now."