Chapter Thirteen

Aubrey Graham | 32

Aubrey Graham | 32

"I'm gonna call you later, I'm with the fam right now, aight?" I said speaking into the phone at Ashley.

"Okay Brey. And you better not be lying."

We both laughed because sometimes I do forget to call or text her back, but you can't blame me. I'm a very busy nigga.

"I'm not lying Ash, not this time. But for real I gotta go,"

We said our goodbyes and I put my phone back into my pockets as I was watching Amir trying to put the basketball into the hoop.

"You got it Mir!" I said as he looked back at me with a smile and I nodded with one too. "Shoot it!"

As I encouraged him on, my little man finally made the shot.

I got up from my seat picking him up giving my little man the props he deserve.

"I win!?" Amir questioned with a smile on his face.

"Yeah you won! We going to the finals boy! Now to celebrate, I'll give you some ice cream but you can't tell mommy aight?" I said walking to the kitchen as I was still holding him.

I was finally in my condo, it was a nice beautiful view. Mariah brought him over, in a few minutes Daedae would be arriving soon.

I sat Mir on the counter making sure he was in the middle.

I opened up the fridge pulling out a tub of Oreo ice cream hearing a knock on my door in the process.

"That's probably your big brother." I picked Amir back up from the counter walking to the front door. Looking through the peephole before opening it, I saw Daedae and King by his side.

I could hear King asking what were they doing here which made me laugh to myself. I unlocked the locks finally opening the door and saw King freeze.

"Drizzy? That's you?" King asked walking inside slowly eyeing me as Daedae shut the door back.

I couldn't help but grin and nod in affirmation. "Yeah, it's me, kid! What's up, boy?" His face lit up with a smile, and he ran towards me, jumping into my arms while I still held my four-year-old son, Amir. Despite the sudden weight, Amir was fine and giggling.

I chuckled, returning the hug as my oldest son, Daedae, silently took Amir from my arms and disappeared into another room. His quiet demeanor rubbed me the wrong way.

Was he just in one of his moods, or was something more going on? I couldn't shake the feeling that I noticed he was off.

As my laughter faded, Mariah's words echoed in my mind. She had hinted something was going on with Daedae sometime around last week and I totally forgot about all that.

Until I saw my son face to face.

"Where have you been?" King, my baby mother's little brother, asked as we followed behind Daedae. His question caught me off guard, reminding me of the gap in communication during my time away.