Chapter 10

Soon, the rain stopped and Jeremy and Patty were walking back to the mountain. 

"Patty... I'm so sorry I made you feel threatened" said Jeremy.

"Ah, it's okay. I get that you want a girl like Victoria. She is pretty, isn't she?" said Patty.

"I did admire her maturity. But you're fun, smart and confident. And your lotion saved the day" said Jeremy.

"I'm smart, fun, and confident? Stop" said Patty modestly. "Okay, keep going."

Jeremy laughed. "What I'm saying is you're the one for me. And I can't wait for our fifty-first date."

"Me too" said Patty with a grin.

Meantime, Burt was helping the injured Victoria walk.

"I can't believe I ever liked you. Just because you're old-fashioned and soft-spoken and gorgeous without makeup and..." Burt smacked himself. "Stop it, Burt!"

"Just because I'm a bit old fashioned, does that make me so terrible?" said Victoria.

"Yes! I don't want a girl who hurts my friends" said Burt.

"You know, you're starting to sound like my twin sister. We're complete opposites" said Victoria.

Now Burt was intrigued. "You have a twin sister?"

"Yes, she's very strange. She's an actress and getting her PhD in philosophy" said Victoria.

"Where can I find her?" said Burt.

"Probably back at the lighthouse. She goes up there every night to write her poetry" said Victoria.

"See ya!" Burt snapped.

And he let the injured girl fall.

"But I can't walk" said Victoria.

"So? Bum a ride off someone. Your face is irresistible" Burt sassed.