Chapter 7

Jeremy had just taken Patty to the basement of the lighthouse to give her a good talking to.

"I can't believe you did that to poor Victoria" he scolded.

"I didn't mean to do it. It's not my fault the lady has no reflexes" said Patty. "But ya know, even after the fall, I'm sure her pretty looks are still saved!"

Jeremy knew that tone when he heard it. It reminded him of his own. 

"Are you jealous?" he said.

"Yes! You obviously like that kind of girl" said Patty near tears.

Jeremy sighed. "Oh, Patty. Admittedly, it's refreshing to meet a girl who can cook something more posh than hamburgers."

"Aw, golly. I never had the means to take a cooking class" Patty sobbed. 

But then, the conversation had to be put on hold as they heard a foghorn. 

They looked out the window and saw a big ship right in front of the lighthouse.

"Oh dear! It looks like that ship is heading for the rocks" said Jeremy. 

"If only there was some way to warn them" said Patty.

"You mean a lighthouse?" said Jeremy in frustration.

"Oh. Right" said Patty. 

In the mountain, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear were in Mother Possum's burrow, the infirmary. 

They had spots of pink calamine lotion all over their bodies to stop the itching. 

"Diss is tortcha!" Brer Fox complained.

"We d'serv it. S'wut we get fo lyin'." said Brer Rabbit.

"Eh. It ain't dat bad" said Brer Bear. "At least day give ya diss free pink juice."

He was drinking from a bottle of calamine lotion. 

"Dat's cal'mine loshin!" said Brer Fox.

Brer Bear spit the lotion out. "Eh. At least now ma insides won't itch. An' afta t'marra mo'nin, ma butt won't itch."

Chad then came into the burrow with a pair of hedge trimmers. "There's something I must do."

"I hope you just gon' clip our claws" said Brer Bear.

"No no, Brer Bear. I'm just going to clear that poison oak" said Chad.

"In dat sto'm? No, it's danj'rus" said Brer Rabbit.

"I know, but I'm duty bound to protect Splash Mountain from all itching hazards. I'm off" said Chad.

He put on his raincoat and exited the burrow.

The Brers looked out the window at the heavy rain.

"It's gettin' really ruff out dare. I's really worried" said Brer Fox.

"Me too. De wind could blow Brer Chad's glasses off" said Brer Rabbit.