• chapter seventeen

Gabrielle's pov

I woke up from my slumber when sunlight peaked inside the hospital room from the big window in beside the bed.

Yesterday, I didn't realized when sleep consumed me. I am still holding Anika's hand, her fingers intervined in mine.

I carefully removed her hand not wanting to disturb her, I stood and stretched my body. My back hurts sleeping on the chair.

I walked out of the room to see Stella and dad coming towards.

"How is Anika ?" she asked the moment she came near the room

"She is fine but not conscious" I replied

She nodded and entered the room

"Gabrielle did you look into who did this" Dad looked at me with concerned eyes closing the door the door behind

"I told Rian to do that as I didn't wanted to leave Anika alone" I took sit on the bench.

Mischief flickered in Dad's eyes.

"I think we should inform her parents about the whole situation, so they  can come and visit her"

I hummed "yeah I'll tell stella to call them when she comes out of the room"

He nodded.

And just like that silence spread, I wanted ask seem question from dad like, why he still loves that women so much till? Why can't he forget and move on like she did? Why is he always so happy see her even after what she it?

But I know this isn't the right time, considering the fact that dad loves Anika like his own daughter I can see tension and conerns about her health and I surely don't want to complicate this situation even more and make it hard for all of us

"Mr. Roles" The doctor called out and shook hands with dad
"It's a pleasure seeing your here, may I know what's the problem"

"My daughter is admitted in the hospital" he replied

"What happened to stella, is she fine now" his eyes widened after listening what dad said

Dad looked down and smiled. Looking up he said "nothing happened to Stella but my other daughter"

The doctor was confused, he was going to ask something but someone called him.

"Dad, Gabrielle" Stella called out

"We entered the room and saw her seeing something kept on the side table

It was a ring. It's Anika's ring. With a note.

You know sweetheart, I love this ring on your hand and the moment I saw ot lying on the road and hour after your accident. I took it and decided to give it back to you. The first time I saw it in your hands it looked like it was made for you.

I took the ring hand examined it properly trying to notice something usual but it was nothing.

I have seen this handwriting before and I know who this person is but unfortunately he is far buying clever than my imagination. He changes cities every now and then, it's difficult for me to find him. But now that I know that Anika accident wasn't just an 'accident' but was born intentionally. I would cross any limit to find this bastard.

I tore the paper and threw it in the dustbin.

With a irrating sigh I looked at Stella and dad "I hope she told you about this"

They nodded

"so keep faith in I'll find this bastard as soon as possible and make him regret his fucking existence"

They looked at me with proud smile.

"Gab it's already 9 Am you should go yo your house and leave for your office after freshing up"

"But dad how can j leave Anika here ?"

" you don't need to worry me Nad Stella are with her, she is fine and protect around presence"

"But-" I was silenced by dad "no buts, leave for your office now" his voice suddenly turned to all dangerous.

I had no other option but to leave. I walked to the door when i remembered something "stella dont forget to call Anika's parents " she murmured a okay and I left.

(In the office)

"Rian did you find him?" I asked sitting on my chair

'I tried but as you know he is constantly changing his place so I am not able to tell where he is"  he replied looking out of the big window in my cabin.

He was sitting on the couch in front of the window, keeping his leg over another and hands on the hand rest.

"Anyways, how is Anika now ?" He continued

"She is fine but not conscious yet" I am damn sure he can see the sadness on NY face

"Don't worry she'll be good soon" he said and took out his phone

I hummed and nodded

Rian is on a leave for some days, so he'll be staying here in my cabin for the day.

Work is the only thing that can keep me away from thinking the worst scenario possible. Stella and dad are with here, Gabrielle Calm down.

"I was thinking how will Stella handle everything alone" he said looking everywhere bit me

A smirked formed on my face

"We will go together to the hospital till 1pm" 

His face shined hearing this.

___________________________________________

This is the 17th chapter, how was it ?

Sorry for the short chapter.

And thanks for showing so much love on Endess love ❤️

Mable 💗