48. One last stop

The morning sun casts a golden hue over the quaint town as Luca and Aiden gather their belongings, preparing to depart on the next leg of their journey. Akuon, the master swordsmith, bids them farewell with a warm smile, his eyes alight with pride at the sight of the two adventurers setting off with the swords he crafted for them.

"Thank you once again, Akuon, for your craftsmanship," Luca says, clasping the swordsmith's hand in gratitude.

Akuon nods, his expression solemn yet tinged with a hint of sadness. "May your swords serve you well on your quest," he replies, his voice carrying a note of farewell.

With a final wave, Luca and Aiden turn their backs on the town, their footsteps echoing in the quiet morning air as they set out on the winding road ahead.

As they walk, Luca pulls out the weathered treasure map, his eyes scanning the faded parchment with a sense of anticipation. "We're closer to the treasure than ever," he says, his voice tinged with excitement."Let's make one last stop." he says again.

Aiden nods, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "But why stop now? If we delay, Shadowbane may reach the treasure before us," he says, his tone tinged with concern.

"Under normal circumstances, you'd be right," Luca admits, his brow furrowed in thought. "But there's one last stop we need to make before we enter the lawless territory where the treasure is hidden."

"The Well of Fate?" Aiden asks, his curiosity piqued.

Luca nods, a determined gleam in his eyes. "Yes, the Well of Fate. It's said to hold the key to unlocking one's destiny, and I believe it may provide us with the guidance we need for the trials ahead."

Aiden's brow furrows in confusion as Luca's words sink in. "But I still don't understand... a lawless area?" he asks, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"Let me explain," Luca begins, his tone serious. "Ever since we entered the real hunter world, we've encountered mostly C and some D rank hunters," he says, his gaze fixed on the road ahead.

Aiden nods in agreement. "Yeah, that's right, except for that B rank hunter who entered the tournament illegally," he recalls, his mind drifting back to their encounter with Erebus.

"Erebus..." Luca mutters, his voice trailing off as he remembers the imposing figure of the mysterious B rank hunter. "That was the name of the strongest hunter we've ever faced," he says, his expression grim.

"My point is," Luca continues, his voice steady, "the lawless area is a gathering place for B rank hunters. It's a lawless land filled with countless strong monsters, and it's dangerous for anyone who ventures there."

Aiden's eyes widen as he takes in Luca's words. "So it's like the Wild West of the hunter world," he says, his voice filled with awe and trepidation.

Luca nods solemnly. "Exactly. My brother, who was a B rank hunter, met his end there. He was killed by another hunter," he says, his voice tinged with sorrow.

"I don't understand..." Says Aiden. "I thought your brother died because he couldn't control the celestial blades." He continues.

"It's a long story. I'll explain it to you someday." Luca says with a serious tone.

As the weight of Luca's revelation settles over them, Aiden and Luca continue their journey, their minds filled with thoughts of the perilous path that lies ahead. Little do they know, the lawless area holds dangers far beyond anything they've faced before, and the true test of their strength and resolve awaits them in the shadowy depths of the untamed wilderness.