39. Memories & Lessons

After Aiden suggests that the enemies should remain until the battle's conclusion, his opponent offers a simple "thank you" before swiftly striking Aiden with a powerful blow, rendering him unconscious.

Drake, fueled by anger and determination, launches into a fierce attack. "You think you can just waltz in here and cheat your way to victory?" he demands, his fists clenched. The B rank hunter effortlessly counters each blow, leaving Drake wounded and exhausted.

With the battle concluded, the organizer solemnly announces the illegal victory of the B and F rank hunters, stripping them of their title. Aiden, Luca, and Drake are declared the rightful winners amidst the crowd's mixed reactions.

As the guards move to escort the defeated hunters away, the B rank hunter requests a moment alone with Aiden. Leaning close, he whispers, "You fought valiantly, Aiden. My brothers and I are indebted to you for your understanding."

Aiden, still groggy, manages to ask, "Who... are you?"

With a grim smile, the B rank hunter reveals his name, "Erebus."

Erebus quickly grabs his brothers and runs away, as he didn't want the guards to catch them.

As the crowd begins to disperse, other hunters start to approach Luca, Aiden, and Drake, offering congratulations and words of praise.

Several hunters from different teams step forward, their expressions filled with admiration and respect.

Maya steps forward first, her expression a mix of relief and admiration. "You guys did it," she says, her voice filled with genuine pride. "I knew you could."

Kael nods in agreement, a rare smile gracing his lips. "You fought with courage and determination," he says, his tone sincere. "I'm proud to have fought alongside you."

Gideon and Raelyn exchange glances, their expressions filled with respect. "You really pulled through," Gideon says, his voice filled with admiration. "We knew you had it in you."

Raelyn nods in agreement, her gaze steady. "You showed true strength out there," she says, her tone earnest. "I'm honored to have faced you in battle."

Rylan and Marcus step forward, their expressions a mix of awe and admiration. "You guys were amazing," Rylan says, his voice tinged with awe. "I've never seen anything like it."

Marcus nods in agreement, his gaze filled with respect. "You fought with skill and determination," he says, his tone sincere. "You deserve this victory."

Sarra and Murro approach next, their expressions filled with admiration. "You really proved yourselves out there," Sarra says, her voice tinged with awe. "I'm impressed."

Murro nods in agreement, his expression solemn. "You fought with honor and integrity," he says, his tone sincere. "You've earned this victory."

Finally, Rina and Zugo step forward, their expressions a mix of admiration and respect. "You guys were incredible," Rina says, her voice filled with awe. "I'm in awe of your strength."

Zugo nods in agreement, his expression solemn. "You fought with skill and determination," he says, his tone sincere. "You've earned the respect of everyone here."

Aiden encounters Erebus, as he walking towards the medic tent.

"Hey," Aiden greets Erebus with a weary smile.

Erebus nods in acknowledgment. "That was some fight."

"Yeah, intense," Aiden agrees as the medic tends to his wounds.

"You put up a good fight," Erebus acknowledges.

"Thanks, but Luca and Drake were incredible," Aiden admits.

Erebus nods in agreement. "Your teamwork was impressive."

Aiden chuckles softly. "B-rank, huh? Explains a lot."

"You are much stronger than the average C rank." "You and Luca fought well."

As the medic finishes, Aiden nods to Erebus. "Take care."

Erebus nods back. "You too."

With a final nod, Aiden heads off, reflecting on the encounter and the lessons learned.

Drake, Luca, and Aiden gather together, their faces etched with exhaustion and determination.

"Well, that's that," Drake says with a tired grin. "Time to go our separate ways."

Aiden nods, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Yeah, it's been quite a journey."

"We'll meet again someday," Drake reassures them. "Count on it."

Luca smiles warmly. "Absolutely. We make a great team."

Aiden clasps Drake's hand. "Thanks for everything, Drake. Take care out there."

Drake returns the gesture. "You too, Aiden. And you, Luca."

With reluctant farewells, they part ways, each heading off into their own futures, but knowing they'll always carry the memories of their time together in the tournament.