21. Fully fledged C rank hunter

As the echoes of battle faded into the stillness of the forest, Aiden stood panting, his muscles trembling with exhaustion. The aftermath of his victory left him drained, his body aching from the relentless onslaught of the C-rank monster he had just defeated.

Turning to Luca, he voiced the doubts that had been gnawing at his mind. "What if I'm not strong enough?" Aiden asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

But Luca's response was firm and unwavering. "Strength isn't just about raw power, Aiden," he said, his gaze steady. "It's about pushing past your limits, about refusing to back down in the face of adversity. Just like you did when you became a D-rank hunter."

With Luca's words ringing in his ears, Aiden steeled himself for the next challenge. As another C-rank monster emerged from the shadows, he knew that this battle would push him to his very limits.

The fight was brutal and unforgiving, each blow exchanged with bone-jarring force. Aiden fought with all his might, his sword flashing in the dappled sunlight as he danced with his formidable adversary.

But as the minutes stretched into eternity, fatigue began to weigh heavily upon him. His movements grew sluggish, his strikes losing their precision as exhaustion threatened to overwhelm him.

"I can't... I can't keep going," Aiden gasped, his voice strained with effort.

In a sudden blur of motion, Luca lunged forward, his sword flashing toward Aiden with deadly intent. Instinct took over, and Aiden reacted on pure reflex, blocking the attack with a desperate swipe of his own blade.

Confusion and anger warred within him as Luca pressed his assault, each blow landing with punishing force. Aiden's mind raced, trying to make sense of his mentor's sudden aggression.

"Why?" he shouted, frustration boiling over as he fought to keep Luca at bay.

But Luca remained silent, his attacks relentless as he pushed Aiden to his limits. With each strike, Aiden felt his anger mounting, his vision clouded by a red haze of rage.

And then, something shifted within him—a surge of power unlike anything he had ever felt before. With a primal roar, Aiden unleashed his full strength, his sword blazing with newfound intensity as he launched a ferocious counterattack.

The air crackled with energy as Aiden's blade met Luca's, their clash sending shockwaves rippling through the forest. In that moment of pure intensity, Aiden felt something within him awaken—a raw, untamed power that surged through his veins like wildfire.

As the dust settled and the echoes of battle faded, Luca stood before him, his expression grave yet proud. "Your C-rank has been awakened, Aiden," he said, his voice filled with quiet admiration.

Aiden could hardly believe it—his journey to becoming a fully-fledged hunter had reached its culmination. With a sense of awe and wonder, he marveled at the newfound strength coursing through his veins.

"I feel... awakened," Aiden whispered, his voice filled with wonder. "I feel like a fully-fledged hunter." And in that moment, he knew that no challenge would ever be beyond his reach.