Chapter One

"What is a cat like you doing around here..." the dark tom lashed the tip of his tail.

Tigerstar stepped back a little. His ears flattening. He glared at him with his amber eyes.  Scourge slowly began to circle around Tigerstar, looking for a weakness.

Tigerstar stood tall as his tail hanged low. "More as, why are you stepping in my territory, Scourge..?"

"Your territory? I see you're still the same egotistical leader that everyone hates. But now it seems like your age is finally starting to catch up with you." Scrouge chuckled, not showing any signs of fear.

"I'm not that elderly." Tigerstar sneered as he stared at Scourge. "I'd argue that you are. Look at how many scars and wrinkles your body has. It looks like a road map of the past battles." He continued to circle him.

Tigerstar flattened his ears. "what do you want..?" he asked as he stepped back a little.

"What I want is for you to get off of my territory. And if you don't... Well, let's just say that things won't end well for you."Scrouge hissed and stopped circling.

Tigerstar sighs. "This territory belongs to me." he stated, calmly. "And what makes you think that I care about your claims? This land is now mine, and it will stay like that." Scrouge's tail began to twitch in anger.

Tigerstar slowly approached Scourge now. A bit with hesitation, as he got closer, he actually looked quite young.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to intimidate me?" Scrouge asked, taking a step back. He seemed genuinely confused.

"No.." Tigerstar replied as he licks his paw for a brief moment. "Then why are you getting closer to me? Are you trying to...touch me?" Scrouge tilted his head, looking even more confused.

Tigerstar got close to Scourge. He sniffed him for a moment. "you have shadowclan scent.."

Scourge froze, realizing that Tigerstar could tell he was a ShadowClan cat. "I-I...Yes. Yes, I do." He admitted with a slight hint of embarrassment in his voice.

Tigerstar circled Scourge. "Then, don't be so brave in front of me. I am the leader of shadowclan after all."

"You may be the leader of ShadowClan, but I'm a rogue now. And I have my own way of doing things." Scourge said defiantly, his ears flattening and tail lashing.

Tigerstar growled softly in response. "Enough." he muttered. Scourge didn't back down. He took a step closer to Tigerstar, his body language showing that he was not afraid of him.  "You think you can tell me what to do? I don't take orders from anyone."

Tigerstar got close and sniffed Scourge once again. His ears twitching. Scourge let him sniff, but his tail continued to twitch nervously. He was starting to feel uncomfortable. "What are you doing?" He asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Relax." Tigerstar replied as his tail brushed against Scrouge for a moment before he pulled it back.