⁷ˣ²⁰. ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ ʷᵉᵈᵈⁱⁿᵍ

season seven, episode twenty

Ryan stood in the conference, in front of the attendings as the residents all stood at the back of the conference room, "Before we go, we just wanna say thank you to all of you for your participation

Ryan stood in the conference, in front of the attendings as the residents all stood at the back of the conference room, "Before we go, we just wanna say thank you to all of you for your participation." Ryan smiled charmingly, "It truly means more than we can say." Caitlin added as the two stood at the front of the room.

"Slow clap." Jackson said as the attendings in the room all did as said, "They're giving them the slow clap? Come on." The Avery male groaned, Callum did the slow clap as the two parents sent a smirk to where their friends stood at the back of the room, "I'm not giving them the slow clap." Ryan chuckled, as he looked around at the slow clapping attendings.

____

"Makenna?" Ryan and Caitlin trailed behind Derek Shepherd, "Hi, I'm Dr Shepherd. Of course, you know Dr Grey and Dr Anderson." He introduced as they came into the chlidren's hospital room, "We're here to take a look at Zola today."

Ryan smiled when seeing the baby stop crying when she was handed off to the neurosurgeon, Caitlin and Ryan sharing a look, "Sometimes babies with spina bifida can develop Chiari malformation." Derek explained as he laid Zola on his arm.

"It can cause fluid build-up in the brain." Caitlin stated when looking at Makenna, "It can be pretty uncomfortable, but, sometimes, if you adjust the patient's head position—" Derek did as said, as Zola's head was now on his arm.

Caitlin leaned into her baby daddy, "I knew we did a good job on choosing Derek as our baby's godfather." Ryan hummed, with a smile, "It helps relieve the pressure." Derek explained as Zola's hand was on his cheek, with a smile, "Let me see this. Let me see this face."

Zola babbled in his arms, "We've had her at the orphanage since she was two months old. This is the first time she's stopped crying since I can remember." Makenna explained as Derek took out his flashlight, shining it in Zola's eyes who reached out trying to grab the flashlight from his hands.

"Let's just run an MRI and check to see if she has a Chiari malformation and hydrocephalus. If it's positive, we're gonna have to do a shunt to drain the fluid." Derek said, clicking his flashlight off, "It's gonna postpone the spinal surgery, but I think it's gonna be worth it."

Makenna smiled, "I think she likes you." Derek chuckled when Zola held onto his flashlight putting it into her mouth, "She can keep that. I have plenty." Ryan looked between the baby and Derek with a smile.

____

Ryan smiled when he looked down at his sweet girl who was in a little jumper thing, "Hi sweet girl." Ryan held his daughter's hand, "Rilynn, if you could see what me and your mom are doing, you'd be so proud of us, we're helping sick children get better," He explained, even though he knew that his daughter couldn't understand him as she just babbled making Ryan smile, "Exactly."