⁵ˣ⁰³. ʰᵉʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠˡᵒᵒᵈ

season five, episode three

Erica Hahn leaned forwards, "Hey, you hear anything about what the new rules are?" She questioned her fellow attendings as Ryan sat in the chair near to female attending, "Last I heard you were at hand-holding, foot rubs, and lots of late-night ga...

Erica Hahn leaned forwards, "Hey, you hear anything about what the new rules are?" She questioned her fellow attendings as Ryan sat in the chair near to female attending, "Last I heard you were at hand-holding, foot rubs, and lots of late-night gab sessions." The plastic surgeon attending attempted to the Cardio attending, "Excuse me,"

Ryan makes a face at Mark's comment, "Listen up, everyone." Their Chief, Richard Webber stands in front of them on a stage, "Listen up! We're busy people, I'm gonna try and be brief." The man stated, "I am implementing a new teaching protocol here at Seattle Grace,"

Izzie looked back at where the Grey male intern sat next to Erica Hahn, "Some of these rules are new, and some are old and are going to be newly enforced," Ryan furrowed his eyebrows at that.

"First, second and third year residents will no longer be allowed to de facto specialise," Cristina wasn't happy about that, "The practice interferes with the development of a fully-rounded surgical education. No more." The chief stated.

Richard walked back and forwards, "Personal relationships, personal loyalties and personal favourites will no longer be a factor in our training program," The chief said as Ryan remembered him not being Derek or even Mark's intern for the day, "Attendings, you will spread your wealth of knowledge equally among all of the residents,"

The chief came out from behind the podium, "In addition, we'll refocus our attention on patient communication and bedside manner. For some of us, this means learning the lost art of humanity and compassion." Ryan leaned his head against his knuckle, "For others, this means learning how to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with them."

Izzie moved in her seat when the Chief made eye contact with her that Ryan had saw from his seat behind her, "This is a surgical program. Psychiatry is on the fifth floor. Let's not confuse the two." The man stated to all of them, "In addition, residents, your interns reflect on you. If they fail, you fail." He remarked, "If they succeed, you succeed. Attendings, that goes for residents as well."

"Teach with enthusiasm. Learn with enthusiasm. We are surgeons. We cut out malignancies. Let's start at home." Richard said where Ryan then looked to where his sister sat alongside some of her resident peers.

____

"Did you hear about your sister wanting me and Alex to move out of your childhood home?" Izzie questioned Ryan who was stood at the nurse's station, "I did." Ryan commented, "Ok, and what do you think about that?"

Ryan sighed turning to look at the women, "Look, Izzie, I don't live in that house anymore, ok. I left when my mother made me choose between the sport that I loved and med school," He rambled, "I don't care who lives in that house. It's Meredith's house." He stated to the blonde headed resident.

Izzie sets down the piece of paper that had an apartment listing on there, "I found an apartment. An beautiful apartment." She stated as Ryan continued to write in the chart, "With hardwood floors and an honest-to-God fireplace that you can bulid honest-to-God fires in— and I can't afford it by myself—" Ryan looked at the resident, "Why don't you just ask Alex to move in with you if Meredith is kicking you both out?"