I am ready

“Iam coming. I forgot to pick up my wallet.”

Jin said over his phone while walking back to the main door of Little Home. He put his phone back in his pocket after finishing his talk, but suddenly halted his steps, seeing a group of children in front of him.

He had no idea why these children were staring at him with their adorable eyes. Jin blinked his eyes in confusion and decided to move forward after hesitantly giving a small smile. But

“We heard you are going back.” One of the children said it with a worried tone.

Jin barely has any conversation with the children here, and he is seeing most of their faces for the first time. This made him outstruck by how they came to know about his departure.

“Who told you this?” He asked, but the kids smiled and came closer to him.

Jin was startled when the children suddenly gave him flowers that they were holding in their hands. Unknown to what to do, he accepted all the flowers and thanked them. And when the last child gave him the flower, it had a small paper piece with it. When the children began to leave after biding bye to him, Jin unfolded the paper and read what was written inside it.

"Just because I can't have you doesn’t mean I can't keep loving you."

A painful lump formed in his throat when he realized who had done all this. He wanted to stop his heart from beating so fast suddenly; he wanted to swallow the pain that he is feeling right now; he wanted to be like this didn’t affect him. But all his heart did was the opposite. He stood there, trying to control the flood forming in his eyes, holding the paper tightly in one hand and the flowers in another. It took him some time to calm down after taking some slow, steady breaths.

*

“What took you this much time?”
Namjoon asked as soon as Jin arrived in front of the car where they were loading their bags.

“I forgot my wallet in my room.” Jin said.

“Where did you get those from?” Jimin asked, seeing the flowers.

“It was from the children.”

“Look who becomes focused among the children.”
Hoseok said, coming there with a smile after assisting them with loading the bags.

"Jimin, let's get in the car. We should give them some privacy.” Namjoon said while holding his husband's hand.

“Is there something wrong?”
Hoseok asked after Namjoon and Jimin got in the car.

He can see a change in Jin’s face. Jin shook his head negatively. Hoseok smiled before he came closer to Jin. Jin slowly lowered his head.

“You know you can always tell me if anything upsets you.”

Jin nodded.

“I will come back quickly to see you once I finish my work here.”

Jin nodded again.

“Take care.”

Jin said this without lifting his head and moved to get in the car, but Hoseok quickly pulled him into a hug. It was totally unexpected, but Jin hugged him back after a few seconds.

“Everything is going to be alright.”

Hoseok whispered into Jin's ears before pulling away from the hug.

*

“Isn’t it wrong to use your patient’s feelings?”

When Hoseok was walking backward inside after Jin and his family left, a certain voice stopped him. After recognizing the voice, Hoseok turned back to face Jungkook with a smile.

“If you are concerned with my profession, I am not Jin’s therapist anymore, and if you are concerned with Jin, you can trust me; I will never play with someone's feelings, unlike you.”

Jungkook’s muscles tensed upon hearing Hoseok‘s words, but he managed to control his anger.

“I am sorry to say this, but there is only one person in Jin’s heart, and you can't replace it.”

“I like your confidence.” With that, Hoseok stepped closer to Jungkook.

“But your confidence should match your efforts.”

Hoseok patted Jungkook's shoulder with a smile before he left.

***

Jungkook fiercely pushed Jin against the wall and caged him with his hands.

“Look at my eyes and tell me you don’t love!” Jungkook asked without losing eye contact.

Jin instantly regretted looking at those eyes, which he most adores, when his eyes began to flood again. He quickly diverted his eyes.

“Jungkook, please remove your hands.” Jin said, holding back the tears and gathering some courage.

"No,” Jungkook said firmly.

Jin looked up at him with a little shock.

“Not until you tell me you love me.”

The little shock on Jin's face grew more when Jungkook began to get closer to Jin. Jin’s eyes followed Jungkook's lips, which were nearing his. Jin’s heart raced, and he wanted to move away, but he felt like he was frozen there. Slowly, Jungkook's lips neared his, and Jin unknowingly closed his eyes and

Jin jumped up from his sleep, sweating and panting. Looking around and realizing he was in his room and it was all a dream gave him relief. He went back to sleep again, but it didn't help. He lied sleepless for almost two hours. After understanding he couldn't fall asleep anymore, Jin slowly got out of bed and went outside.

After coming to the front yard of his house, he took a seat there. The sun was ready to rise again to start the day, and the half-shiny moon was slowly disappearing from the sky. Jin closed his eyes and sat there silently for a while.

His eyes suddenly shot open when he felt something on his shoulder. It was a scarf. He looked up and saw his hyung adjusting the scarf around his neck.

“You will easily catch a cold." Namjoon said as he sat beside Jin.

“You can't sleep?” He asked Jin.

Jin gave him a nod.

“You?” Jin asked.

“I heard the sound of the front doorbell opening.”

"Sorry , Hyung. I don’t mean to wake you up.”

"Actually, I didn’t wake up hearing the sound; I woke up because of Jimin's snore. I didn’t expect the snore to come with his pregnancy.”

This made Jin crack up. He was super excited and happy when he learned he was going to be an uncle. Another member is going to join their little family, and he can't believe how fast his family is growing.

“Tell me, Hyung, how is it to have your own small family?” Jin asked without stopping his smile.

That question melted Namjoon’s heart. He looked into his brother’s eyes and smiled contently before he spoke.

"Until you came into my life, I had no idea what the word family meant. You taught me what a family is; you gave me reasons to enjoy being together as a family; and you showed me the joy of being with family. We became a family, and it has begun to expand with new members. And I'll always be grateful to you for it. Having our own family is like having our own world. I am happy with the small circle of people in my life, and I will enjoy every minute with you all. Everyone believes family is important, but I believe family is everything."

Jin’s smile grew wilder upon bearing his hyung’s touching words.

“And I will be more happy if you start your own as well.”

It took only a second for Jin’s big smile to fall down instantly. He looked away from his hyung and stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

Feeling Jin’s silence, Namjoon slowly began to stand up. But�

“Do you have anything to tell me, Hyung?" Jin asked and stood up, looking at his hyung.

Namjoon hesitated for a second before he spoke.

“It's that Mrs.Jung is constantly calling me these days and asking about a date for the engagement. You know she is really impatient."

Namjoon said and tried to smile, looking at his brother. But Jin lowered his head.

“What do you think, Hyung?" Jin asked.

“huh?” Namjoon didn’t get it.

“What is your opinion about me starting my own family?”

“I will be the happiest man in this world if that happens. You don’t know how excited I am to witness your own little family, Aegi. I promised you the first day that I would protect you and take care of you. Maybe I just failed it somewhere in between our journey, and that’s why my aegi was having a hard time.”

“Hyung, it was not-"

"It may not be my fault, but I can't stop you from going through those times in your life. I believe I am more focused on being the best brother than the best family for you. I only consoled you; I made no attempt to prevent those events from occurring again in your life. And I knew I couldn't always safeguard you, be there for you, or soothe you. You have your own life, and I wanted to see you happy and growing your own family happily ever after. So that my guilt can be cured. So that I can rest knowing you're in the right hands. But I can understand if you are not ready for it. I am not here to force it. I am just pouring in my thoughts.”

Jin still didn’t lift his head. Namjoon can sense that Jin is holding back his tears, and he doesn’t want his hyung to see his tears. Understanding the situation, Namjoon decides to give Jin some time to calm down, so he slowly walks away to leave.

“I am ready, Hyung."

Namjoon’s steps halted upon hearing Jin’s words. He turned back and looked at his brother, who was now facing him.

“Inform Mrs. Jung that I am ready for the wedding.”