𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter Thirty-Nine - Birthday Bash III
18th August 2023
A FEW MOMENTS LATER

🚨PART THREE OF A TRIPLE UPDATE—MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE OTHER TWO PARTS BEFORE THIS ONE🚨

Please comment and vote!! I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS ❤️

The way Jude talks about Angie in this chapter is so fucking cute <3

❤︎︎ ❤︎︎ ❤︎︎

-Jude-

SUNSHINE; if I were to describe Angelina Lopez in one word, it would be sunshine.

I watch her hurry over to Phoebe with her usual radiant glow shining from her like starlight, projecting onto all the fortunate people that she happens to pass on the way to her best friend. Her eagerness for karaoke is palpable, like the warmth of the sun, even as she moves away from me. But that's the thing about Angie—she leaves a mark on you in the way the sun heats your skin. You can spend one minute with her, but her effect will remain.

In this dim-lit bar, she is the main light.

Once I see she has reached the karaoke machine without any hassle from anyone, I venture back over to our booth, finding Vini, Vivianne, Eduardo, and Aurélien, all with new drinks. I slide into the booth next to Aurélien, sighing in content as each of them flickers their attention over to me.

"Looked like you two were having fun," Aurélien comments in observation, his voice light and teasing as he hides a smirk behind the rim of his drink.

"I seriously thought you were about to publicly fuck my sister on that pool table." A look of minimal horror bewitches Vivianne's face as she speaks, prompting my eyes to shift over to her in surprise.

"I'm not sure what the bar staff would have to say about that," I joke with a small chuckle, relieved that Vivianne is willing to talk to me.

"I doubt that would stop Natalia and Toby." Vini's eyes broaden for a moment, as though he's horrified by the thought. "They are all over each other."

"Oh yeah—where are they?" I ask in sudden realisation, only now recognising their absences.

"The bathroom," Eduardo replies with a neutral expression; however, his eyebrows abruptly furrow, and he tilts his head thoughtfully. "The same bathroom." He expands on his previous words, nodding his head slowly with a tight-lipped smile.

"The same cubicle too," Aurélien adds with a snort.

Of course.

I shake my head with a laugh as I avert my eyes back over to Angie and Phoebe, watching as they giggle with one another and pick up the microphones connected to the karaoke machine. They engage in a conversation as they mumble into each other's ears, their eyebrows furrowed as though they are debating something. Then, Phoebe says something to Angie that makes her eyes widen and causes her to swiftly nod her head, prompting Phoebe to turn around and fiddle around with the music box.

"Be prepared for your ears to bleed," Vivianne warns us, her voice dropping to a whisper as a grimace spreads across her face. "Neither of them can sing."

Somehow, I don't think I'm going to care.

Two identical grins find both their faces as the familiar beat of 'Friday I'm In Love' seeps from the bass of the stereo and infects the air of the bar.

As though its tune is laced with magic, the recognisable strum of the guitar prompts an abundance of people to turn their heads towards the source of the music, captivating their attention as they all divert their gaze over to the two girls.