𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐑𝐨𝐦-𝐂𝐨𝐦

Chapter Twenty-Nine - RomCom
July 2023 - Madrid
A WHILE LATER

Please comment and vote ❤️

I've given you a long chapter again to make up for my absence :)

ILY all <3

❤︎︎ ❤︎︎ ❤︎︎

-Jude-

ANGIE HAS FALLEN ASLEEP ON MY BACK.

Around fifteen minutes into the journey to her home, she stopped replying to my occasional questions, and instead, I started to feel her delicate breathing against my neck.

I don't mind, though—it's not like she's difficult to carry. She looked exhausted just before we left the cafe, and I can't explain how relieved I was when she agreed to let me carry her home on my back. I know she was reluctant, but I could see in her eyes how tired she was, and I'm honestly not surprised. I've never really seen someone have a panic attack before, but it looked incredibly draining.

It makes me feel better to know that she's asleep right now; she's finally getting some peace from the worries I expect are spiralling around in her mind.

However, I don't think her body is the only weight on my shoulders at the moment because my mind is swarming with relentless guilt—guilt that feels unbearably heavy.

I think seeing her upset is potentially one of the worst experiences of my life, and my animosity towards her sadness is amplified by the fact that I am the reason for it.

I don't care what she says—it's my fault she's in this mess. She can try to make me feel better all she wants, but the guilt in my mind is going nowhere, and I rightfully deserve to feel it.

There are two reasons this situation has become calamitous, and both of them involve me. For starters, I shouldn't have punched Jason. If I hadn't, then there wouldn't have been a video of her and me going viral all over the internet, and she never would've been exposed to so many people. And secondly, the only reason the whole internet is suddenly so invested in her life is because I'm famous.

I am the root of all her current problems.

But aside from guilt, my mind is besieged with anger, aimed entirely at those three men.

I can't wrap my head around how some people can be so fucking cruel.

The thought of hunting down every male in Madrid, until I find the three who harassed my Angie, is very tempting. I know it would take a long time, but in my opinion, it would be time well spent. It's vexing me that they're out there somewhere right now, probably enjoying their night and laughing about what just happened, while Angie is forced to suffer a night of upset and stress.

It's not fair on her at all. She doesn't deserve this, and they certainly don't deserve to get away with what they've done. If it were up to me, I wouldn't hesitate to tell the police. I'd let the police find them, and then I'd accidentally slip the police a generous amount of money to convince them to let me punch the three of them in the face at least five times.

What, who said that?

Okay, maybe that wouldn't be the wisest idea, since punching someone is the reason we ended up in this position anyway. But they shouldn't be able to escape without punishment after treating the girl who means so much to me like she is nothing.