𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐞

Chapter Twenty-Eight - Hassle 
July 2023 - Madrid
TWO DAYS LATER

(🚨Part two of the double update! 🚨
Please make sure you read the first part before you read this! And please comment and vote!)
ILY <333

TW - Mention of harassment
(Mainly speech)

This is a very long chapter—I'm sorry <3

❤︎︎ ❤︎︎ ❤︎︎

-Angelina-

TODAY HAS BEEN AWFUL—TOTALLY AND UNBEARABLY AWFUL.

I'm not one to wish a day away, however; if someone presented me with the option to be in a coma for the remaining hours of the afternoon, I certainly wouldn't turn them down.

It's as though some sort of evil sorcerer has cursed the day with a wicked spell—everything's going wrong. I've spilled five coffees, dropped four toasties, been yelled at by three different old ladies, burned my hand twice, and resisted the urge to strangle myself at least ten times.

I blame it all on the cafe being so unbearably busy today. Match days like this are always the worst, especially when Real Madrid plays Barcelona, but today there has been something jinxed and pitiful in the air.

And if that's not bad enough, the number of people who've come through the door today to ask me about Jude has been unbelievable. When the video of him punching Jason first came out, I expected that I might get the occasional question from people—like I did the day it was posted.

However, I didn't expect people to travel all the way to the cafe with the pure intention of interrogating me about my love life; I didn't think people cared that much. But today, it's been relentless. I think I've given more brief answers about me and Jude today than I have made lattes—and that's saying something.

I think it's safe to assume that the photo of me at Real Madrid and Man United's game is the reason so many people have come in today to question me about the alleged relationship between Jude and me.

I hate it—I hate all the unwanted attention I'm receiving. I've never been one to enjoy having the focus on me, but now it's completely out of my control. Thanks to Jason leaking the cafe's name, I can't just dodge all the nosy fans, because it's not like I can just avoid work. I'm given no choice but to face all the questions and negativity.

People are rude too. They don't display any level of respect, and they ask me about Jude in a manner that suggests I'm inferior to him. It astonishes me how blunt they can be. No one attempts to hide their shocked, disbelieving expressions when I confirm that I do, in fact, know Jude, and people don't shy away from letting me know that he is well and truly, unarguably out of my league.

That's what I've been dealing with all day—random people I've never met before telling me their unwarranted opinion of me and my love life.

And to top it all off, Real Madrid didn't even beat Barcelona—they lost 3-0.

It was only a friendly, but their rivalry is far from kind. Losing to them is always painful, regardless of the circumstances, but losing to them without scoring a single goal is definitely worse.