𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Chapter Thirty-Three - Late At Night
August 2023 - Madrid
A WEEK LATER 

Please comment and vote!! I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS ❤️

8K+ WORDS SO PLEASE DON'T BE DRY <3

❤︎︎ ❤︎︎ ❤︎︎

-Angelina-

JUDE AND I HAVEN'T SPOKEN IN A WEEK.

A whole seven days.

We haven't texted, we haven't called, and we haven't seen each other either.

And I'm not sure I want to see him.

My mind has been facing an inner battle all week—a civil war, some may say.

On one side, there are my feelings for Jude. There's no denying their strength and potency, and they're also incredibly resilient. However, they do have one big weakness—trauma from my previous relationship. My feelings for Jude are vigorous and robust, but one mention of my previous relationship has all the protective walls surrounding my feelings tumbling down on the battlefield, leaving them exposed to disruption.

Entirely vulnerable.

On the other side, though, is the small seed of doubt that's been planted in my mind since the other day. It's small in comparison to my feelings for Jude, but that doesn't mean its power should be undermined. It has the force of my previous relationship trauma on its side, which is incredibly hard to defend against. It may not have the ability to wipe out my feelings for Jude, but it certainly can block me from reaching them, and that is a vast problem.

The two sides of my brain have been mercilessly combating each other all week, both trying to prove the other wrong.

However, I think the small seed of doubt has the upper hand at the moment, as I can't stop replaying Jude's cruel words in my head.

I'm begging to understand why you used to argue with Jason so much now.

I'm beginning to understand.

Does that mean he doesn't like me anymore?

Does that mean he sees me like Jason used to too?

Unlovable. Annoying. Worthless. A doormat.

Is that now how Jude sees me?

It's around eleven p.m. at night, and my mind can't stop spiralling. I'm currently doing the same thing that I've been doing every night this week—staying up by myself to watch a sad romance movie and then somehow linking it to me and Jude.

Tonight's movie is 'One Day'.

Let's hope I don't get hit by a car and die like the girl in that film.

Although, at least I wouldn't have to serve a single other rude customer again if that happened.

Or cry over period cramps.

Or cry over Jude or Jason.

Or just any men in general.