Chapter 36

"What a surprise to meet all of you here." the woman said in a drawling voice, and Skylar bit her lips. She had a very bad feeling about the hostages and she did not want to say it out loud, afraid that she might make it true. She looked at the woman. Her eyes were small as she tried to analyze the woman's expression and tried to read her eyes.

"I didn't know Skylar would bring companions." the woman said, shaking her head and walking towards Skylar. The sound of her high red heels echoed loudly through the room. She came to stand in front of Skylar, and leaned towards her, pouting her lips. "Afraid? Are you, Skylar?" she asked. Skylar threw daggers at her. She saw the woman's demeanor change and her eyes go darker. Skylar did not break eye contact with her, and hissed in pain, as the woman raised her hand once more, and slapped Skylar.

"NOOO!!"

The pain on her cheek stung Skylar, but the pain she had felt by hearing the voice, stung her more. She felt her eyes start to water as she heard the voices of her father and Ed struggling against their holds and shouting in protest for the woman's actions. The woman raised her eyes up, and peeped at them over Skylar's head. Skylar started to struggle once more and she gritted her teeth, moving here and there. The woman smirked at the men, and turned towards Skylar once more. She saw how Skylar was struggling and she pulled her lips to the side in a victorious smile.

Skylar looked around her, and tried to find any weak spots of the demons. She saw that the arm that was holding her hands was dangerously closer to her shoulder and as she was not constricted by her throat, she leapt into action, without thinking anymore. With one giant shake of her shoulders, Skylar leaned to her left and she opened her mouth whole, and bit the demon's hand. She tried to not to concentrate on the horrible feeling of the demon's scabbed surface of the skeleton and she pulled her tongue inside, so that only her teeth would be in contact. All of it happened in the blink of an eye. Even though the hand was the owner of a demon, the sudden force it had felt, released its grip on Skylar's arm. She saw its hold slacken and before the other demon jumped in, Skylar released her hand and punched the other demon right on its face. Skylar pushed the demons aside, and she jumped to stand back up, and looked at the woman. She was looking intensely at Skylar, and she did not look as though she would restrict Skylar again. Skylar kicked the cowering demons aside and turned behind her.

What she saw surprised Skylar. Water started to fill her eyes and she stumbled back in surprise, holding her chest.

"Dad..." Skylar mumbled slowly, as she looked at Henry's face, which was blotched with blood. Even Ed looked the same, and Skylar did not know why both of them were there. But she also knew that it was not the right time to ask them about that. Skylar heard the woman move behind her, and she turned towards her with an angry snare on her face.

"Let them go!" she shouted, pointing towards her father while getting closer to the woman. But she chuckled, as though she was not unaffected by her shouting. "Let them go!!" Skylar screamed once more, her spit falling onto the woman's face, but she just wiped them with her sleeve and looked up at Skylar.

"I didn't bring them here to let them go, Skylar." she said. Skylar breathed hard. "They came here on their own, and it is only fair if they found themselves out." she said, shrugging her shoulders. Skylar bit her lips. She knew that she could not reason with the woman.

Without a second's hesitation, Skylar lifted her arms and put it around the woman's throat as she saw the woman throw daggers at her.

"NO SKY!!" she heard her father's voice, but Skylar did not listen. She applied pressure on to her fingertips, and the woman just remained smiling, as though she was not affected by all means. Looking at her expression was enough to make Skylar believe that she was just wasting her time. She looked angrily at the woman's eyes and saw that she was not looking at her. Instead, she was staring behind Skylar, and she saw that the woman nodded for someone, giving them a signal to do something.