Chapter 16

"Wow," Reese gasped, mesmerized as she stared at the heavy oak doors in front of her. "Can you please, teach me how to get in?" she asked, turning to look at Skylar with a pleading expression.

Skylar laughed, and she nodded. "Yeah, of course Ree. Why not," she said, as Ed squeezed her hand, both of them laughing at Reese, as she went around the door, and came towards them, her eyes huge in excitement.

"This is mad." she screamed, laughing. Skylar nodded. Reese squinted her eyes, as the heavy oak door started to creak open for them.

As Ed and Reese had promised, when Saturday had come, both Ed and Reese had accompanied Skylar to the library. Even though both of them had come to the library because they had to learn more, and find out more and more details about the Night Shadows and devils and demons, the main reason for Ed to accompany Skylar was, except for the obvious fact of spending more time with her, he had wanted to make sure that Skylar was safe at all times. Even though he had not shown any memory regarding the almost kidnap that had happened in the previous week, he was always afraid that something bad would happen to Skylar, and he might not be able to be there to help her. He did not voice his worries, but he had vowed himself to keep an eye on her, and to always protect her, even though his life depended on it.

"Okay Sky," Ed said, once all three of them had stepped inside. He noticed that the library was empty, just like the previous occasion, except for the three of them. "Where to, now?" he asked. Skylar scanned the room around them and turned towards Ed.

"Mm..." she thought, scratching her chin. "I think that starting from where we stopped last time would be best, Eddie." she said, and Ed nodded.

"Yeah, even I think the same." He turned to look towards the aisles of bookshelves again, and composed himself so as not to lose his balance, if the bookshelves were to move once more.

Skylar closed her eyes, and blocked the world away from around her. She concentrated with her might, and she opened them slowly, to look at Ed. "Are you two ready?" she asked, looking at Ed, and turning to look at Reese. Knowing what Skylar was asking, and without knowing what she was asking, both Ed and Reese nodded.

"Okay," Skylar released a long breath out of her mouth. "Here we go." she said, and clapped her hand once.

As Ed had been expecting the rush of the bookshelves, he quickly pulled Skylar's hand towards him, and held it tightly on his own, putting their knotted hands inside his jacket pocket. Skylar blushed shyly, looking at him. Ed winked. As soon as it had started, the rushing of the bookshelves reached an end soon, and Ed found himself staring transfixed at the same exact place, where he had stood the last time.

"Oww," Reese said slowly, and Skylar at once released Ed's hand and kneeled before Reese. She had fallen on her back, and was still on the floor, rubbing the contact area. Her eyebrows were squinted in pain.

"Jake will probably kill me," Ed mumbled, and he gave his hand for Reese to help her stand up. She took it, and Skylar held her shoulders, as she got back on her feet.

"I am so sorry, Ree." she said in a small voice, her eyes scrunched up in worry. "I forgot to let you know what will happen." she said sheepishly. Reese nodded okay, but still rubbed her behind. She looked as though she was not ready to forgive Skylar any time soon.

"How come the both of you didn't fall?" she asked, looking puzzled at them. Both Ed's and Skylar's eyes caught each other's and quickly they broke their eye contact, and turned to the other side, momentarily staring at the books around them.

"Hey, where are you both going?" Reese started to scream, but she ended the question slowly, afraid that something would hear her. She turned towards Skylar and hissed. "Tell me."