Chapter 14

Ed took Skylar's hand, and kissed her knuckles as they stood on her doorstep. Reese had left them already, going towards her home.

"Bye Sky," he said slowly. Skylar put her arms around his neck, and placed her head on his shoulder.

"Bye Eddie. Thank you for being there with me today." She finished slowly. Ed smiled, and removed her arms.

"Your dad will be waiting for you," he said, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'll give you a call later." he said, as Skylar nodded. They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, and Ed pulled her head towards him, kissing her forehead. Skylar closed her eyes and smiled.

Ed remained watching Skylar, as she turned her back to him, and knocked on the door.

"Dad." she called. They heard a shuffling of feet inside the home.

"Coming darling," Henry replied, and within a few minutes, he stood before the door, opening it to let her come inside. Skylar gave him a quick hug, and plumped herself down the chair. Henry saw Ed behind Skylar, staring unblinking at her.

"Thank you, son." he said, clearing his throat. Ed quickly turned towards him, and gave him a smile.

"No problem, uncle." he said, as Henry smiled stiffly. "I'll take my leave then." Ed said to Henry and turned behind him. Henry kept on waiting for him to leave their home, and only after he had locked the kissing gate safely behind him, Henry locked the door.

"How was it, darling?" Henry asked, sitting in front of Skylar. "Did you find everything that you need?" he stared at Skylar.

She sat straight on the sofa and looked at her dad. There was a huge beam on her face.

"Yes dad." she said. "I found many things that I need." she said hurriedly, trying to get to the most important part soon. "And there was a man waiting for me," she said, and Henry's eyes grew large in horror.

"Did he do anything to you, Sky?" he asked, getting out of his chair quickly and coming closer to Skylar. He held her face and turned it here and there, trying to look for any marks or any changes in her.

Skylar smiled sweetly. "Don't worry, dad. Nothing happened to me." Henry sighed, and sat beside her. "He was the one who got hurt." she said as Henry nodded, pleased with himself.

"I am pleased to hear that, darling." he said, and Skylar turned towards him.

"And guess what," she beamed. "Guess what dad?" she asked, and Henry's face fell. Had Ed proposed to her to get married? He was definitely going to kill him today.

Henry shook his head no, ready to hear the worst. Skylar grinned. Her eyes were trying to pop out of her sockets.

"I met Reree after that, dad." Skylar said loudly, as Henry sighed, thinking that he had worried without any reason. "Yes dad. After I had disappeared the man, someone called me, and when I turned behind, Reree was standing there for me dad." she grinned happily.

"I was so happy, dad." she shouted, as happiness radiated around her. "I was so excited. She told me that she was sorry that she couldn't wait with me the other day, and guess what, dad? She had actually been confused. That's why she had left me." she smiled, calming down, as she had said everything to her father. Henry nodded, smiling happily.

Even though Henry had not talked to Skylar after that day about Reese, he had always found a sadness in her eyes. He knew how much Skylar love her best friend, and when she was not there with her, he knew that life was hard for Skylar. But not wanting to hurt Skylar's feelings by talking about matters that will definitely make her cry, Henry had remained silent about her.