Chapter Nine

Abhimanyu's Pov
I was at this party that was organized by my students. I don't see a purpose though but yet it's rude to decline the invitation. Gladly I was not the only teacher staff invited there were some other professors though everyone invited looked young so there wasn't anyone old of course by that I mean senior professors. I was worried that I'll just stand by the whole party but I saw a familiar face at the end of room.
"Raj." I said gaining his attention and he walked towards me grinning.

Rajvardhan Desai the lively man in our college. The professor loved by every person in our college. Around 6 feet tall, curly hair and a board smile filled with warmth. The ambitious one he teaches Chemistry perfectionist in his job.

"Abhimanyu." We greeted each other with a hand shake which was followed by a hug.
"What a surprise? Abhimanyu Verma at a students party. I never thought I'll see the day."
"I can also have some fun once in a while. Besides they pestered me a lot I couldn't say 'no'." I said it was my first time going to a student party, I was invited for many and I always denied. But this time they pestered me a lot. And I also heard Alia was going to be here and when she requested me to come yesterday I just couldn't say no.

'Why Abhimanyu? Why in the world you agreed? It was because they pestered me to come and not a certain brown haired girl with dark brown eyes, fair skin and a mole right between her neck and another a little below her right eye. Why am I describing her?!'

My thoughts were racing through my head but as usual I kept a straight face and joined the other professors. They were talking about many things but the conversation was not much of my interests. My eyes searched around the room in anticipation for a particular person with a personality which can't be unseen even in a crowd.

The party was about to start, where was she? I turned to look at the entrance door and there she was entering the room. She stood out from everyone here. Everyone was wearing more or less western clothes even when there was no particular theme for the party but she was the only one dressed in a traditional wear. It suits her the best. And she chose to stand out rather than being who she is not just to fit in. That's what I adore about her. She looked so different from everyone present here and at the same time the most beautifully dressed girl I met in this party.

Some students were giving her a weird look and some of them were even talking bad about her but her face showed that she didn't care. Strangely after greeting the students who organized this party her eyes light up when she saw at our direction and she came speedly at my direction with Riza following her.

I thought she was coming to greet me but I didn't understand why with those expressions we were friends but we never greeted each other with that level of excitement at least not with half of the college watching us but she brushed past me only to hug Rajvardhan who also greeted her with a hug and his signature grin.

"Raj. Long time no see." Alia said she was yet in his arms they were way to familiar than a professor and a student besides Alia wasn't even his student.
"You're looking so beautiful Allu. I like that confidence. You're wearing what suits you. You're amazing Allu." 'Allu' what in the world is going on? That was enough.
"Ahem."
"Abhimanyu Sir sorry I didn't noticed you good evening." Finally Rajvardhan left Alia but what did she say 'didn't notice me' is she for real.
"This is not the college campus you can call me by my name. I suppose we are that familiar."
"Of course. Abhimanyu."
"Do you guys know each other?" I asked in a tone of curiosity but something in my mind hated the way Raj held her even though it wasn't inappropriate.
"Yeah Alia is my friend back from my college days. Actually we were mutual friends because of her best friend who now is my girlfriend. So we both are quite a lot friendly."
"Wait, when did you become her boyfriend? She didn't tell me anything about it. What the hell! Raj you better tell me now." Alia said and they both excused themselves.