Chapter Five

Alia's Pov
It's time for classes. I hate that, I literally do. It's not my age to come to college. I should have been working somewhere now, if I wasn't lying in a hospital bed all those years fighting for life.

I was annoyed from this pathetic life of mine but whatever, it's my life I am grateful that I have all things I need.

"Hey Alia." A voice called me it was definitely Riza.
"Good Morning." I said and smiled.

We both went to the class together and attended the lecture. Abhimanyu is really professional. We're friends now and he is damn friendly. But when it comes to professionalism there is no excuse for it. He keeps things professional in class. Nor has he once looked at me he did yesterday. He was again the goofy yet strict professor not the person I saw yesterday. It's cool. It's the thing I adore about him.

After the class was over a group of students came to me and Riza.

"Hey Alia right?"
"Yes."
"Do you want to come for weekend party this Saturday? Everyone from the class is coming and Abhimanyu Sir as well. We will be glad to have you."
So not everyone from this generation has lost manners. They're really asking me genuinely.
"Is this our class party?"
"Yes. That is exactly we'll have Sir with us."
"Alright, I am in."
"Thank God you said yes."
"Why were you afraid I'll say no?"
"No I mean, actually we've heard that you're rude and you beat people. So I was a little..."
"Afraid." I said and laughed.
"Don't worry kid I don't bite." I said and patted her.

After me they asked Riza and she agreed as well. We both were heading out when Riza said,
"Who in the hell is spreading such nonsense."
"It's okay just let it go."
"But what is this Alia? It's literally nonsense."
"See I don't give a frick about it. They are talking on my back just the place they deserve always behind me."
"But, let it go kid."
"Why do you keep calling us 'kid'?"
"Because you behave like one." I said and chuckled.

I was heading out then I remembered about Abhimanyu. I volunteered to help him. I waved Riza a goodbye and went straight back into the college campus. That's when I bumped into someone.

"Where are you hurrying Missy?"
"Oh I was just headed to your office." I said when I saw it's Abhimanyu I bumped into.
"Listen, I have a small work. I'll do it and come to you okay? Till then take this key and rest in my car you can use AC too." He said offering me his car key.
"Is....is it okay?" I said nervously.
"I don't really mind. I trust you." He said and took a break looking at me. His lips curved into a heartfelt smile and his ocean-blue eyes shining due to the sunlight hitting his face left a spark at the corner of his eyes.

"You're not going to run away with the car, are you? And if you did I already know your house I'll directly file a complaint. Well tell me are you planning to take my car? I'll call the police at this very moment." He said and gave me a suspicious look. I chuckled.
"Whatever?!"
"No, I'm serious, are you?"
"No I'm not."
"Okay so here is the key go wait for me." He said smiling and I headed towards his car.

I was waiting at his car. I was a little bore I thought to play music. I started streaming on my phone. It was wonderful day yesterday but I wasn't able to sleep at night. My anxiety troubled me a lot yesterday. And it's more difficult to clam myself down when I have absolutely no idea what is the reason behind my anxiety?

I doze off listening. I woke up when I felt some moments besides me.

"Oh I'm sorry Sir. I have absolutely no idea about when I doze off."
"No, that's okay it's natural but from next time be a little careful. The car was unlocked and you were sleeping. You should be grateful that this parking area is safe or else there was a possibility of theft."
"About that, when I'm sleeping I'm actually aware of things happening around me so it won't happen."
"And is this something to be proud of?"
"It's not?"
"Stupid it's a sign of bad sleep..." and there he goes I'm sure I'll have to listen to him for about 20 minutes straight now.

After a full 5 minutes speech he stopped as my phone played the next song on the Playlist.
It was 'Surili Ankhiyon Wale' from 'Veer'.

"Wow, what a song!"
"You like it?"
"Yeah that's a gem. Let's go to a Cafe so we can assest the remaining paper and keep the song playing." He said and started driving.

"Wow you have an awesome Playlist."
"Our taste in music matches."
"Alot."

We were sitting in a Cafe silently assessing the papers, listening to my Playlist.

While checking I lifted my head for moment. That's when I saw Abhimanyu.

He was silently vibing on the song, humming the lyrics, concentrating on the papers in his hand, frowning at something what I suppose is a wrong answer, smiling just a little, poking his cheeks with his tongue, his hair perfectly set leaving two strands out, his grip on the pen, his focus and those eyes. He looked so handsome. Something straight out of a book. And the light behind him made the cherry on the top.

Just then he looked up. There was a long eye contact in between us. I couldn't really read his eyes but all I know is that I feel comfortable here with him.

"You want anything?" He spoke without breaking the eye contact.
I just shook my head and looked down again concentrating on my work.

'Why am I noticing him like that? Stop it Alia he is a professor.'

Abhimanyu's Pov
Just now when I looked in her eyes, I thought that her eyes were saying something but they were unsuccessful to convey me that message or am I the one who was not able to read the message.

I looked at her and remembered her sleeping face. She is innocent but yet very strong. I really like to be friends with her.