CHAPTER NINETEEN

JEREMY VOLKOV

Jeremy paced back and forth across the length of the living room, his mind swirling with the aftermath of his confrontation with Landon earlier in the afternoon. He hadn't checked on Landon since he left the room with the food. He hadn't exactly expected compliance from Landon, but the man had an uncanny knack for getting under Jeremy's skin. Glancing over at the food sitting untouched on the kitchen counter, now cold, Jeremy sighed and shook his head. He had entertained the idea of letting Landon go hungry for the whole day, but the thought didn't sit well with him. After all, Landon hadn't had anything since yesterday, before Jeremy had brought him here. Jeremy chastised himself for not feeding him when Landon had woken up in the middle of the night.

He turned on his heels and stormed into the bedroom. Landon's head snapped up at his entrance, offering an overly saccharine smile. It was clearly fake. "Well, hello there, mafia prince. Are you here to check on me? I'm feeling just fine, enjoying this incredibly comfortable position. Want me to count the ceiling tiles for you? I'm pretty sure I've tallied them all about three times by now."

Ignoring Landon's sarcastic rant, Jeremy climbed onto the bed, pressing his knee against Landon's hips as he began unlocking the restraints around his wrists. Landon regarded him with a furrowed brow. Once Jeremy had freed him, he moved away. "Get up. You need to shower."

Landon eyed him suspiciously, rubbing his wrists together, but complied and sat up nonetheless. Jeremy slipped off the bed and stood up.

"I haven't got all day, Landon. Get into the shower. I don't need you stinking up the whole room. This place only has one bedroom."

Landon glared at him, narrowing his eyes. "I smell better than you."

"Not at the moment. Move your ass before I do it for you," Jeremy retorted.

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you?"

Jeremy smirked. "Well, yes, that's a rather sexy ass." Landon blinked at him before shaking his head and climbing off the bed with a huff.

Jeremy guided him into the bathroom, allowing Landon to enter first before following suit and locking the door behind him. Landon turned around to face him, wearing an exasperated expression. "Please don't tell me you're going to watch me shower."

"There's hardly a difference, considering you're in nothing but a pair of boxer briefs."

"Just tell me if you want to see my dick and get it over with, Jeremy."

Jeremy smirked, stepping closer to Landon. He stopped a few inches away and looked down, his hands resting on the curve of Landon's waist. His fingers traced the lines of ink leading down to his hips, disappearing behind the band of his boxers. Jeremy brought his mouth near Landon's ear, brushing his lips softly over the shell of it. "You have seen my dick, it's only fair, koshmarchik. Don't you think?" Landon shuddered in Jeremy's arms. 

Fuck, he was so hot.

Landon's toes lightly curled against the tile floor, a subtle reaction that Jeremy noticed, feeling his own body responding to their proximity. Landon stepped back, putting space between them. Jeremy allowed his hands to fall away from Landon's waist. "Fine," Landon snapped, his voice tinged with breathlessness. He hooked his fingers under the waistband of his boxer briefs and pushed them down his legs. His cock sprung free, standing at attention—thick, long, and hard.

For Jeremy.

Landon stepped towards the shower, and Jeremy couldn't ignore the unmistakable evidence of Landon's arousal, glaringly evident between his legs. Landon had a remarkable ability of controlling his reaction, save for the few fleeting moments Jeremy had managed to catch slipping. "Stop staring, you look like a creep," Landon admonished sharply.