CHAPTER FIVE

JEREMY VOLKOV

Jeremy was running away. For the first time in his life, he wasn't chasing. He was hiding, ignoring, looking away. Pushing every thought surrounding Landon King out of his head. He needed to stay away from Landon. Ever since the sex club incident, he had made it a mission to not think about Landon.

He wasn't going to ignore the way his body reacted to Landon's pressed against his own in the parking lot that evening. But he was sure it was nothing more than the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Landon wasn't the reason. He couldn't have been. Jeremy was straight.

Right?

"Tell me, sweetheart," Landon whispered as his hand landed on Jeremy's inner thigh. Jeremy's breath hitched. Landon smirked, taking that as as invitation and running his hand up, closer to his cock. A groan fell from Jeremy's lips. He tried to cover it with a scoff.

Fuck. What was he doing?

He pushed Landon away. Landon let go of his collar and stepped back voluntarily, his eyes mimicking those of a hungry wolf.

Jeremy had always been the one in command, the one everyone listened to. Not just because of his position but also his capabilities of dealing with anything thrown his way. Now, however, Jeremy didn't know how to react. All he knew was he needed to stay away from Landon King.

"Get out of here, King. I'm not playing anymore. I've given you enough chances to save yourself. I'm out of mercy," Jeremy gritted through his teeth.

"Mercy?" Landon threw his head back and laughed. "Didn't know you were capable of that emotion, Volkov, given your upbringing and all."

Jeremy had reached his limit. He clenched his fist and delivered a powerful blow to Landon's jaw. Landon's head snapped back from the impact, and he staggered, clutching his jaw.

He grunted, then looked at Jeremy with a maniacal smile. "Did that hit a nerve, mafia prince?"

Jeremy panted, gritting his teeth as he struggled to hold himself back. Lately, he had found himself drawn to violence more than ever. Sneaking out in the middle of the night to come here, spending hours punching the bag, going on impromptu 'bike rides' without Nikolai just so he could have his release without needing to share it. He was breaking the patterns that defined him, all because of this psychopath in front of him.

"Don't look at me like that, makes me wanna do very bad things to you." Landon said. Jeremy's anger spiked. Perhaps Landon didn't sense the impending danger, or perhaps he simply didn't care. Jeremy was betting on the latter. Regardless, Landon continued, "Not that I don't already have plans for my muse."

Jeremy lunged at Landon, driving his fist into Landon's side. Landon reacted swiftly, countering with a powerful blow to Jeremy's shoulder instead of attempting to block him.

A surge of pain and satisfaction coursed through Jeremy. Whether or not Landon realized it, Jeremy had succeeded in goading him into fighting back.

Both of them grunted as they lunged forward simultaneously. Jeremy aimed for Landon's face, but Landon blocked him. "Hey, stay away from my perfect face!" Jeremy wasted no time in retaliating, landing a solid punch to Landon's stomach.

Landon staggered backward, but quickly retaliated with a punch of his own, which Jeremy barely managed to block. They continued their skirmish on the unforgiving concrete floor. Jeremy bent his knee and delivered a sharp kick to Landon's ribs. Landon grunted, clutching his side. "Fuck, Volkov. Are you trying to kill me?"