chapter 5

Laria

I walk down the hallway and I spot Danton's little group. He looks in my direction and he quickly looks away , weird.

I sigh sitting on our usual table and take out my tablet.

"Hi guys."

"Hey , Laria."

I open my Instagram and start looking through my gallery. It's been long since I posted something. I can feel everyone 's eyes on me but I try to ignore them.

"Laria , how's it going.

"Fine." I say without my eyes leaving the tablet.

A hand grabs my tablet and I look up to see Jess holding it.

"Are you serious, Jess?" I ask feeling annoyed

"Yes, we're here trying to talk to you and so you will talk to us. So now, have you already gotten somewhere with him."

I look around the table and everyone is waiting for my answer.

"Guys , I have a lot on my plate . I have to make sure I pass that stupid biology test or else they're going to call my parents. Like what am I twelve?"

"But we heard Danton's been helping you as your tutor ."

"So?"

"So you have a greater chance to be closer to him and eventually you can achieve both your goals, get in his pants and pass your test."

"Or you can just quit ." Cole says and everyone stares at me. They know I've never backed down from a challenge. And I intend to keep it that way no matter what.

"No , I'm not quitting anything, in your wildest dreams."

"Well then, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that as the head of the challenge , I give you two weeks from tomorrow. If you don't manage to fuck him within two weeks, you give us the present we promised you, it would also be your first ever failed task and everyone would know that you got rejected by some A+ freak student. "

"Wow, that's a lot of time for you Laria, you usually do it in days , I'm sure two weeks is like a month for you." Pip says and I look at Cole , he knows what he's doing. He's trying to spike some sick-twisted thoughts in our friend's minds by saying shit like that. Me , being rejected. He wants them to think about it , so that when it finally happens I would be humiliated, but I'm not going to let him win.

"Yeah , it is . And you know what . I'm going to get the Lady Dior bag you guys bet with. And Cole I just hope you know I don't plan on being like you  , if you think that just because some girl broke your record of 'never been rejected ', it doesn't mean I intend to follow in your footsteps. "

I stand up and grab back my tablet. I don't even want to hear what they're going to say . Pip follows me and catches up to me.

"What is it Pip?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to walk with you."

"I didn't want to sit there anymore , there's just too much... tension."

"Between you and Cole I reckon."

Pip looks at me before laughing.

"I can't believe you went back to him."

"No no , he came back to me . He just came to my door and well."

"So now you guys are like dating or what.?"

"EW never. "

We stop by my car and I look at Pip.

"I know you guys still feel for each other, even though he broke your heart. "

"Are you judging me?"

"Of course not , but I'm saying don't forget the pain he gave you , the pain you had to endure , watching him with all those girls and lying to you. You guys have good history  , but don't forget the bad one also. I won't tell anyone as you know me but be careful of your choices. " .

"Thanks for the heads up . I'll go now . Bye."

"Bye, see ya. " I smile and drive off.

I didn't realise the tears I was holding in until now as I'm driving. I can't believe I still feel the pain even now, after months. I know I can't drive like this , I'm starting to break down. I know I should get ahold of myself, but I can't control it. Just like I couldn't control my love.