chapter 4

Danton

Huh! Wish me luck.

I push the bell button and wait. A woman wearing a maid's uniform opens the door. I greet her and walk in .

"Hi , I'm here to see Laria Storm." I say politely and she nods.

"She's upstairs, I can take you to her room." I nod and she leads me upstairs. Wow , this house is big. I can see there's a lift . Why are we not using it. The woman knocks on the door and leaves. I wait and Laria opens. I open my eyes in shock when I see what she's wearing or what she's not.

"Don't look dumb just standing there , come in."

I walk in her room and I look around. It's cleaner than I expected.

"So , what are we doing?"

"You want to start while you're not fully...dressed?"

"Are you nuts , I'm literally wearing pajamas ."

No you're not.

"Ok , I'm sorry ."

"Come let's start , I want to get this over with."

"Sure . " I say and not move , I'm sorry but I can't control when my body refuses to work with my brain. Laria looks at me with a weird out look and I look down.

"I can't move. I'm stuck." I say with a low voice and she laughs. Where's the joke , did I say something funny.

"Wow , I didn't know you had a little humour in you . "

"I can only move , if I'm somewhere comfortable. Can you atleast try to wear long pants."

She looks at me like I have extra skinny legs , with a top body of pig. Complicated, don't mind me I don't know what I'm saying.

She scoffs and looks at me before shaking her head and going to her closet I'm guessing. I feel my body feeling light and I start moving to the study table. I prep for everything and Laria comes out wearing linen pants. Comfy.

"Happy now?" She asks bored and I nod. We start with terminologies and I help her memorise them.

" They can be a bit tricky because of the words used. But all that will be easy if you understand the basics of the topic first. And remember, everything they teach you now you'll have to remember it no matter the topic. People tend to think that a new topic means new things , but it's just 50% of new things and 50 other of previous work. Now , what do you remember about our previous topic?"

"Uh , some plant cellular stuff."

"Good, even though this is a new topic , you will need to know and remember the basics of plant cells to understand this one. Try this question with all the facts you know about plant cells. "

"Uh ok."

....

I wait for her and when she's done I smile at her answers . Even though some are a bit nonexistent, they're still thoughtful. Sometimes it helps to think outside the box.

"Good , I think we're going somewhere amazing . " I say and look at her to find her already looking . She doesn't look away and I start to get worried.

"Are you ok?" She nods and smiles.

"I just wanted to apologize for the way I spoke to you or about you in miss Dane's class. I was just embarrassed you could say."

"Laria, there's no need for you to be embarrassed infront of me atleast. I'm always embarrassed, so I get it. "

"I like the way you say my name." I cough on my air and look away . There's a knock on the door and the woman from earlier walks in with food. Avocado and egg toast. Nice.

"Thank you Winter. We really were hungry ." She says with a smile.

The woman looks at her shocked, but she nods putting down the tray. She looks at me with a smile and I smile back not knowing what to do or say. We started digging into the food after I refused four times even though I was really hungry.

....

"Well , that's it for today. I tried to summarise your correct answers and some similarities between previous topics and this one. I'll get going now."

"Thank you Danton, I know some things now."

"It's ok , it's all you."

I head downstairs and the woman approaches me as I was about to leave the house.

"Hey son wait!" I stop and I see the woman bringing a lunch box.

"Here, I thought I should give it to you. It's my way of saying thank you for helping miss Laria." She says and I take the cookies .

"Thank you." I say politely and hug her.

"Oh son thank you for that , I needed it after my long day of working. And boy I believe that you'll change her."

I look at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"It was her first time being that nice to me. I'll go now." She leaves quickly and I just look at her retreading back before leaving too .

....

The pajamas were fine , he's just less experienced in such sights 😔

# xoxo 💋