The run

Janessa groaned as the monsters charged towards them. "How far away is your room?" Ashlyn shuddered.

Aiden sweat dropped, "About five or six rooms down?" He shrugged. Running of the monsters below and scratching from the ones behind the door were the only sounds other than the heavy breathing of the seven teenagers.

The two in front of the door pulled at the door again pulling Ben and Janessa with them slightly. "Aiden give me the string from your shorts." Ashlyn said walking over to the curly haired girl and kneeling in front of her pulling the drawstring out of her pjs.

"Hey!" "Thanks." She stood up and grabbed the string from Aiden "I have a plan." "I am going to tie the door to the pole over there?" Ashlyn started tying them together in knots.

"Three weak strings and a shabby pole?" Tyler the big mouth spoke "yeah like that's gonna keep it closed." He scoffed.

"Maybe not, but it will be enough for me, Ben, Janessa, and Aiden to make a run for it! You guys go!" The three were hesitant. "I SAID GO!"

They sprinted down the hall as the monsters climbed over the railing.

"Nessa, tie this end to the door handle." Ashlyn handed her the string and did as told. Aiden tied the other end to the pole and Ashlyn tied then in the middle. "Okay-" "RUN!"

The four bolted, adrenaline flowing through their veins. Heavy footsteps pounded against the steel stairs, banging against the tied door then a sudden snap popped through the air as the door swung open and the monsters were right behind them.

They ran as quick as they could but it was not enough to make it out of there alive. In the hallway, a janitors cart stood there. Janessa ran in front of the three as an idea popped into her head.

"Move!" She forcefully kicked the shadow monster into the wall and latched onto the cart and swung it around, crashing into the monster marking sure its stuck there.

The other three watched in amazement, a sudden laugh coming from the blond. "Ha!" A claw reached for Janessa.

" Y'know.." he grabbed the monsters wrist right before it could grab her, and a spray bottle from the cart.

"...This could be fun." He pointed the bottle at the creatures head with a sinister grin. Aiden pressed down on the trigger and sprayed chemicals causing the monster to squirm in its place and hold onto its head where it was sprayed.

"lol, why isn't it screaming? Is it mute?" He tilted his head. "Aiden, come on!" Ashlyn held tightly over her ears.

"I think we can take 'em! There are more spray bottles!" Aiden tried to lunge at the monsters but Ben latched his arm onto his.

"I'm good!" Janessa yelled. The four bolted down the hall, making it to the boys room, slamming the door behind them, and locking it.

Everyone seemed relaxed.. at the moment only to flinch at the loud banging that followed.

"We should... put the couch up against the door." Ashlyn stated. All seven teenagers sat on the floor of the motel room.

Tyler, Taylor, and Logan on one side. Ben, Aiden, Ashlyn, and Janessa on another. Aiden let out a small chuckle, angering Tyler. "Why are you laughing this time?" He sneered.

"It's like we're in a zombie movie." "And that's supposed to be funny?" "Yeah."

Tyler let out a loud and deep sigh. "Are you insane or something?"

I mean wasn't it obvious?