How it started

I wake up to my alarm as I sigh, sad now that summer's over. I got ready a few minutes earlier so I didn't get late for my first day.

"Janessa, date prisa y ve a la parada de autobús, hermano" (Janessa, hurry up and get to the bus stop bro.) my brother shouted at me from downstairs. "Okay chill, I'm going!"

I walked to the bus stop and waited for Ashlyn to come, esa chica siempre llega tarde ( that girl is always tardy)

As Ashlyn walked to the bus stop she saw her black haired friend with hair reaching her thighs

"What took you so long, I've been here for hours." Janessa said emphasizing the 'hours' part.

" I couldn't find a rubber band for my hair."
Janessa looked at her with a deadpanned expression.

As Ashlyn and Janessa went into the bus the ginger haired girl noticed there are two new boys sitting behind her, a blonde with a 'smile' shirt and a brown haired boy trying to get him to settle.

She doesn't mind them as the long black haired girl sat next to her.

I sat down next to Ashlyn as she was like my bus buddy and because she's my childhood friend. We were both in comfortable silence until a certain blond haired boy's face was close to mine.

"Hi!" I didn't really mind him as I lean back. "Hi."
He looked at me for a few second before he asked Ashlyn about these abandoned buses

"Is that your house? What's with the whole "Bus Graveyard' thing?

Ashlyn looked at him annoyed "It's a junkyard with old busses." He looked disappointed. "That's it? Well, that's disappointing, I was hoping for some kind of lore or paranormal jazz."

" I know right." I said as I looked out the window, It would have been cool if the buses were really haunted.

Ashlyn reached for her phone when he started the conversation up again.

"Anyway, I'm Aiden! And that's my cousin Ben. We moved here a week or so ago from Virginia. Can't remember what town it was though. Oh hey, we live just a few houses down from you! Since we live so close, we should all hang out often."

"Sorry, nothing personal but, I'm a bit tired and not in much of a conversation mood." Aiden sat there for a minute before smirking. "It's fine, I get it. You're just shy, right? It's alright, I'm good at talking so I'll be fine."

Well we all knew that because he was yapping ever since we got here.

"What about you?" I look up from my phone to see burgundy eyes looking directly at me. "Oh my name is Janessa"

"Cool." I stare at him dumbfounded, before I sigh and look back at my phone and play a game for the rest of the ride.

Aiden looked around in wonder " Woah, this is a small school."

We were still walking, when Ben tugged Aiden back and pointed to the office.

"Oh, right. We gotta pick our schedules - up?"

Ashlyn grabbed my wrist as we bolted away with the small distraction, mostly her as I was being dragged.

Aiden chuckled maniacally and said " Their fast."

As we were heading towards class behind Ashlyn  when I heard shouting "Incoming!"
A shoe went flying past Ashlyn's face and into a near by wall, making a nasty dent.

"Ah, sorry! We were just goofing off haha."

There were a few jocks, one was yelling, and a girl recording the event. A fight broke out, I would have started recording but Ashlyn was still dragging me with her. When we finally arrived at room 201, there was a nervous boy there as well, who dropped his papers.

He had dirty blond hair and glasses. Ashlyn let go of my wrist as she picked it up for him. His cheeks dusted were dusted pink.

"Here." "Oh um, thanks." "Yeah."

I let Ashlyn deal with that, because if I was late my mom would literally kill me if I was late. As I walk in I quickly notice the desks had names. I walked around looking for my seat, and sat down. I was right behind Ashlyn.

The teacher was late and over half the class was not there so I went ahead and texted Kaylah what teacher she had first.

After a few moments yelling was heard outside the door, I was hoping it was something interesting.

"We wouldn't be late if you had helped instead of recording! Sorry we're late!"

"Please don't mark us tardy!"

"We still have a chance !" The duo loudly made their presence known, darker skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. They're definitely twins.

The teacher made his presence known behind them. "A chance? Are two of my students already late on the first day of school?"

He stood there very foreboding, and the twins immediately started sweating nervously. "Just kidding! A class rule is if we're both late and you get here before me, you're safe - where's your shoe? You should find that after class." "Yes sir." The boy was missing his shoe which was probably the same one still stuck in the wall.

I snickered as I watched them walk to their seats. "Go ahead and find which desk has your name on it and take a seat."